× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Will I drop ISCSI connection during Firmware Upgrade

pearson
Aspirant

Will I drop ISCSI connection during Firmware Upgrade

I need to performe an upgrade to our readynas but have several ISCSI drives conected to production servers. When I performe the upgrade will all the connections drop? If so for how long? 

Thanks for the help. 

Model: ReadyNAS-4200|ReadyNAS 4200
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Will I drop ISCSI connection during Firmware Upgrade

The NAS needs to reboot as part of the process, so you will lose the connections.  My RN526 took about a minute to reboot when I installed 6.9.3 (upgrading from 6.9.2).  If you are upgrading from older firmware, it could take longer.   

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

The NAS needs to reboot as part of the process, so you will lose the connections.  My RN526 took about a minute to reboot when I installed 6.9.3 (upgrading from 6.9.2).  If you are upgrading from older firmware, it could take longer.   

Message 2 of 4
pearson
Aspirant

OK. Thank you for your reply. I will schedual an adequate down time for the upgrade. 

Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We do have a general guide: ReadyNAS OS 6: Firmware Upgrade Guide and Tips

If you have an older model the advice is mostly applicable (but the GUI and the volume maintenance options will be different).

Normally the update should go smoothly as StephenB described, but it's always best to be prepared just in case as you would with any other production system.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements