× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: archive

RockyArnold11
Aspirant

archive

Have an RN214 with 4 HDs (8Tb) matched-up with 4 TiVos.  Set it up successfully using full JBOD on each HD in order to maximize storage of videos and not desiring the backup features.  Didn't archive automativcally, but for some reason did archive about 7 Tb eventually with parts of each TiVo saved on a single HD.  Again, no automatic archiving, but eventually started up again with another 5 Tb from each of the TiVos saved on another drive.  The HD used in each case corresponded to the first pathway identified in the DLNA panel. Can't find any reason why automatic archiving does not occur even with Netgear support helping.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @RockyArnold11,

I believe your existing online case got escalated to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support.  If ever your ReadyNAS is not yet on the latest firmware v6.8.1, I suggest you to update it to the latest v6.8.1.  Though it does not say on the release notes that it includes a fix or enhancement which involves archiving from TiVo, this might help.  You can download the latest firmware v6.8.1 here

Also, you may follow-up on your existing online case with NETGEAR Support since it has been escalated to the higher tier.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
steve_t
Master

You might find better help in the ReadyNAS section as opposed to this Arlo security camera section. Hope they can help 🙂

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @RockyArnold11,

I believe your existing online case got escalated to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support.  If ever your ReadyNAS is not yet on the latest firmware v6.8.1, I suggest you to update it to the latest v6.8.1.  Though it does not say on the release notes that it includes a fix or enhancement which involves archiving from TiVo, this might help.  You can download the latest firmware v6.8.1 here

Also, you may follow-up on your existing online case with NETGEAR Support since it has been escalated to the higher tier.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
RockyArnold11
Aspirant

Thank you, Dane.

The firmware was/is updated.

We look forward to hearing from Netgear.  I'm anxious to get this issue resolved so I can move on to their new X10 router, which might fix another issue we have not associated with the NAS.

Rocky

Model: RN214D41|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4-Bay
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements