× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

automatic photo backup from android smartphone

rodcrit
Luminary

automatic photo backup from android smartphone

dropbox for instance has an android app which automatically backs up photos as they are taken on my smartphone. I am thinking of setting up my own personal nas system with cloud access.   does netgear have a similar app for smartphones that will do the same  -  ie - back up my photos to my nas system as they are taken?

Rod

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
rodcrit
Luminary

Re: automatic photo backup from android smartphone

Thank you for your reply.   I dont think I am dumb, but I scoured netgears sites for any mention of this without success. certainly did not see any reference to an android app.

so thanks, will now search netgear site for owncloud app for android.

think am now on the way to set up my own system so many thanks

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8

All Replies
m-frank
Aspirant

Owncloud plugin for readynas, combined with owncloud app for iOS or android.

Owncloud have amongst other function, a “dropbox” function. Combined with the app, it automatically backup your photos from phone to owcloud server on the Readynas.

You can also use it like a regular dropbox for document.

Message 2 of 8
rodcrit
Luminary

Thank you for your reply.   I dont think I am dumb, but I scoured netgears sites for any mention of this without success. certainly did not see any reference to an android app.

so thanks, will now search netgear site for owncloud app for android.

think am now on the way to set up my own system so many thanks

Message 3 of 8
m-frank
Aspirant

Hi rodcrit
You can buy OwnCloud app for ReadyNAS at https://rnxtras.com/

The OwnCloud app for android you can buy direct from your phone by logging in to Google play store, or app stor on a iPhone

Message 4 of 8
noemail
Aspirant

I think ReadyCloud has this feature. Try setting up ReadyCloud on your NAS then install ReadyCloud app on your phone.

Message 5 of 8
rodcrit
Luminary

many thanks for the reponses.

yes  -  I have been reading a lot more about readyNAS over past couple of days, and it looks like readycloud may have the facility.  it didnt seem to when I first had a quick look.   I will soon be going ahead and getting my system, so will then play around with a couple of things to see what can be done.

Message 6 of 8
eveeve
Aspirant

Well, try Coolmuster Android Assistant, we can use it to move almost everything from android phone to computer, and we can also use it to manage apps, contacts on computer, have a try!

Message 7 of 8
rodcrit
Luminary

OK

thanks for that:

in fact the readycloud app does actually do most of what I want.....   but will have a look at your suggestion

Thanks

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements