× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

cant access files on network: Access denied or no permission #26383544

mangwe263
Aspirant

cant access files on network: Access denied or no permission #26383544

model 104 firmware 6.4.2

I created all user accounts and shares for local usage, but moving from one computer to another trying to access the folders is not possible, access denied or no permision etc? any solution

also do we need to add every host IP address using Admin page?

Message 1 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: cant access files on network: Access denied or no permission

Hello mangwe263,

What was the FW version prior to updating to 6.4.2?

Did you set permission on each share? Accessing the shares via Windows explorer needs you to login with the user account that is allowed to access it. We need more detailed what settings you have on the permissions and what login you are using.

Host IP address in the permission settings can be used if you want to, but does not mean it is a must. 

Here are some articles that may help:

How do I change default access rights to files and folders on my ReadyNAS OS 6 storage system?

What access right options can I configure on my ReadyNAS OS 6 storage system?

How do I set network access rights to shared folders on my ReadyNAS OS 6 storage system?

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
mangwe263
Aspirant

we are accessing through windows explorer from start then search option. 
WHAT I DID IS , i created a folder for every staff member, then assign permissions etc, every folder correspond to staff user account. I cant remember the earlier version, unfortunately i cant attache the document with screen shots here

Message 3 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mangwe263,

If you have created local users, you cannot create shares that have the same name with the local users. This is because local users get their own private shares (also known as home shares), each local user you create has private share and that private share is the same with the local user name. Name of a share that was created manually should not be the same with any local user account name.

If you are having trouble with this, it is better you contact support line. I saw your profile and you are entitled to their free phone support which is very limited to number of days. As of today, you have 67 days left for it, I suggest you take advantage of it because support use a tool where they can remotely access your computer with you on the line and configure it for you while you are watching.

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
mangwe263
Aspirant

Thanks a lot , support line , do you have the link, i didnt know about that or is it a phone number?

Message 5 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: cant access files on network: Access denied or no permission #26383544

Hello mangwe263,

Trying going to http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/default.aspx and cilck Get help on my NETGEAR product. I believe you will fill out the form for the registration of the product.

I can also see that you already have a case submission online, that is case 26383544, you can ask for call back from the support expert, I believe.

Regards,

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements