× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

problems

albback
Aspirant

problems

i have a readynas 102,firmware 6.4.0,when i click on locate its supposed to make the lights blink and it doe`s not.have i the latest firmware?

when i click on admin,it comes up with user/pass login,when i put it in it says no login has been set for this account,so i cannot log into my ready nas,i cannot even go into set up in raidar,is their any other way i can log into my nas box

thanx

confused Alan

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 19
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: problems

Hi albback,

Have you tried using the default username and password, which is admin and password

The firmware of your NAS is actually out of date. The latest firmware is already on 6.9.3. You may want to update the firmware to the latest once you are able to login to the admin page. Please note that for RN102, you must not be update directly to 6.9.x from 6.3.x or older firmware. The NAS must first be updated to either 6.2.5 or 6.3.5 then to 6.5.2 and then onto 6.9.x.

Regards,

Message 2 of 19
albback
Aspirant

sorry,the default user/pass does not work.what about,if i reinstall the os ,is there a way so i don`t loose my data .as i would do with a factory reset,the only thing i can do is browse my folders..i would hate to loose data

Message 3 of 19
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi albback,

You will not lose your data when you do an OS re-install. It only resets some settings on your NAS, such as Internet protocol settings and the administrator password, to defaults. Please check this link for the steps on how to access the boot menu and select the OS reinstall option.

Regards,

Message 4 of 19
albback
Aspirant

does that mean my user/pass would be admin/password and is it easy to reinstall os also i only have ond drive in the bay

Message 5 of 19
albback
Aspirant

hi i can get into ready cloud,but when i click on discover,it comes with no devices dicovered

thank

Alan

Message 6 of 19
albback
Aspirant

hi ,if i os reset do i wait till all lights are on or do i press reset till it goes on to disk 1 as i only have one hard drive in bay 1

Message 7 of 19
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi albback,

You have to press the reset button until the Power button LED, USB and backup status LED, disk 1 LED, and disk 2 LED light are on. Disk 2 LED should still be lit even if there is no disk inserted on bay 2. Then, you have to press the backup button to scroll through the boot mode option. You may just refer to the LED pattern for each boot mode that is shown on the KB article that I have provided.

Regards,

Message 8 of 19
albback
Aspirant

where are you based,usa

Message 9 of 19
albback
Aspirant

hi john,

im sorry for being a pain.i have heath issues at the mo,plus a bit thick,ive tried the reset  function with the lights on the front and the paper clip

after all the lights have lit and i release the reset button,do i press the backup button till the number 2 is lit on the front only to reinstall the os only so it does not delete the data off hd

thanx

Message 10 of 19
StephenB
Guru

@albback wrote:

do i press the backup button till the number 2 is lit on the front only to reinstall the os only so it does not delete the data off hd

Yes.  Number 2 is lit, the other three LEDs are not lit.

You do need to be careful here.  If you were to accidentally do this with number 1 lit, you'd do a factory default - which would delete your data. 

Pages 15-16 in the hardware manual also describe the procedure: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/RN%20OS%206%20Desktop%20HW%20UM_15Oct2013.pd...

Message 11 of 19
albback
Aspirant

sorry i clicked on solved before ive tried it,i will try it soon,thanx john and stephen with putting up with me

cheers

Alan

Message 12 of 19
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

hi john,

im sorry for being a pain.i have heath issues at the mo,plus a bit thick,ive tried the reset  function with the lights on the front and the paper clip

after all the lights have lit and i release the reset button,do i press the backup button till the number 2 is lit on the front only to reinstall the os only so it does not delete the data off hd

thanx

No worries. You may just keep us posted if the OS reinstall fixes the issue or not.

Message 13 of 19
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi albback,

How did it go? Were you able to login to the admin page after doing the OS reinstall?

Regards,

Message 14 of 19
albback
Aspirant

Hi John

i have neve had a chance to try it at the moment,i have kust got out of hospital after oppo.when im up and around i shall try it.should be before the weekend

thanx

Alan

Message 15 of 19
chico1966
Aspirant

Hey John, I hate to butt into this issue but once in the grub menu and I have selected to perform an OS reset have you ever seen that once the system starts all that's left on the screen it s a blinking cursor? Actually when I select any of the options factory reset or technical information they all produce just a blinking cursor. Thanks
Message 16 of 19
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

chico1966 we don't use grub for any ReadyNAS. Also the RN102 doesn't have a display. The ReadyDATA has a very different OS to the ReadyNAS.

Message 17 of 19
albback
Aspirant

hi john,after serching through paper work i found the readynas box with my login and password,so it looks like i have sorted at the moment,thank you for all the chaps that helped.

big thanks again

Alan

Message 18 of 19
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi albback,

It is good to know that you were able to find the login and password for your NAS. Feel free to post here in the Community if you need help again with your NAS or if you want to share something that might help the other members as well.

Regards,

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements