× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: reusing previously formatted disks on RN102

pegagu
Aspirant

reusing previously formatted disks on RN102

Hi,

I used to have a DNS-323 NAS which got broken last week, so i replaced it by a RN102. The problem is I used to have two disks configured as a raid 1 i don't want to reformat them as i would be loosing the data in, and i cannot access the data inside to copy it in an external disk as for that i need some raid 1 compatible hardware.

is there a way i can set my new RN102 without the need of reformating both disks?

thanks in advance,

p

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@pegagu wrote:

is there a way i can set my new RN102 without the need of reformating both disks?

Unfortunately no.

If you use Windows, perhaps see if Linux Reader will read one of the DNS-323 disks. http://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader/

The DNS-323 forums might have some other ways to extract your data.

Note that if you intend to reuse the disks - you can start the RN102 with just one of them, and then copy the data (once you find a tool to read it).  Then add the second disk after the data is on the RN102.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@pegagu wrote:

Unfortunately no.

If you use Windows, perhaps see if Linux Reader will read one of the DNS-323 disks. http://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader/

The DNS-323 forums might have some other ways to extract your data.

Note that if you intend to reuse the disks - you can start the RN102 with just one of them, and then copy the data (once you find a tool to read it).  Then add the second disk after the data is on the RN102.

Message 2 of 3
pegagu
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen,

The tool you're referring to is reading the formatted disks so I can now copy them from one device to the other.

Thanks a lot

Pere

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements