Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC 1000 wifi router

Bonniepooch
Follower

AC 1000 wifi router

I have a Chromebook and there is no Nighthawk App available for Chrome OS. My Chromebook gets the wifi connection just fine, but my printer does not. The router is on my desk within inches of the printer. The printer is an hp Desk Jet 2600 and is compatible with my Chromebook. When I go to print, the printer name shows up and a message is sent to me saying 'printing', but it does not print and soon another message pops up 'error', but with no explanation or code. 

Message 1 of 2

Re: AC 1000 wifi router

What device are we talking about here? AC1000 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

@Bonniepooch wrote:

I have a Chromebook and there is no Nighthawk App available for Chrome OS.

You'll probably need an app for the printer, not the router.

The usual way to fix wifi printers is to find the printer maker's utility, the software that runs on your operating system. Then use that to connect the printer to the wifi.

The router just broadcasts wifi. It is then down to the printer to play ball. There isn't much that you can do on a router, beyond fixing it to a particular IP address, that affects what the printer gets up to.

Installing HP wireless printer software | Wireless Printing Center | HP® United Kingdom

Where possible, using the WPS feature can simplify things.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7