Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

After RAX20 router update to 1.0.2.82, I lost connect to office terminal server use remote desktop

Sunsetbay
Follower

After RAX20 router update to 1.0.2.82, I lost connect to office terminal server use remote desktop

I have a RAX20 — 4-Stream AX1800 WiFi 6 Router, I have been using this router for about 6 month and recently I updated the router to the latest firmware 1.0.2.82. Since then I am no longer be able to connect to office terminal server using remote desktop through PPTP VPN. It was working fine before this update. Now, it looks like I can make the VPN connection without any issue but when I try to login to the remote desktop, it would show the remote desktop computer wasn't available, but all my colleagues who also work from home can access without any issue. I even give them my credentials and they can use my user name and password login from their home without any issues either. The company I work for is a small company, we do not have an IT support person. I am hoping to figure this out and fix whatever the issues is rather than buying a new router. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: After RAX20 router update to 1.0.2.82, I lost connect to office terminal server use remote deskt

You can try 3 different things. 

1. Try a factory reset and reinstall on the router. Sometimes firmware changes enough that an old setting can cause issues. 

2. Roll back the firmware. If the reset doesn't work, you can always try rolling back the firmware

3. put the vpn computers IP address into the netgears DMZ. This'll automatically pass all traffic to it. 

How do I set up a default DMZ server on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7