Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Anywhere Access Failure in RAX200

Ziquiel
Tutor

Anywhere Access Failure in RAX200

I was having rouble access to Anywhere Access.  So I disabled it and then try to enable it.

When it disabled without an issue.  But getting the error to try again when I enable it. The error is "Something went wrong, sorry about this.  Please trey again."

I am on the current firmware and Nighthawk App (iOS) (as of 1/16/24).  I have tried the following

1. Factory reset the device

2. Down level the firmware down to the version that supported Time Machine (which was working at that time)

3. I have changed the WIFI settings on my iPhone 13 to remove private and limit IP tracking when on my local network.

4. Disabled the VPN setup by Bitdefender on my iPhone.

5. Restored the Firmware back to the current one

When I try to connect I get an error similar to above in the above list.  I think the device needs to be removed cleanly from their "cloud".

I believe something is wrong with their service.  I have tried everything I have seen in the community and in the forum. 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Ziquiel
Tutor

Re: Anywhere Access Failure in RAX200

After a week of trying various things.

The last thing was submitting a bug report.

For grins and giggles I decided to try it again. Now, it is miraculously working. I was able to turn it on.

To confirm that it worked I closed the app. Switch to cellular and connect thru the app. I was able connect thru Anywhere Access.

So I have no idea what happened. I am convinced at this time that someone saw something wrong in their cloud and fixed it.

I double checked and my app was not updated and I don’t see a firmware has been updated.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 4
Ziquiel
Tutor

I did originally reset this with a factory reset and the app.

So I will try the bug report.

Thank you.
Message 3 of 4
Ziquiel
Tutor

After a week of trying various things.

The last thing was submitting a bug report.

For grins and giggles I decided to try it again. Now, it is miraculously working. I was able to turn it on.

To confirm that it worked I closed the app. Switch to cellular and connect thru the app. I was able connect thru Anywhere Access.

So I have no idea what happened. I am convinced at this time that someone saw something wrong in their cloud and fixed it.

I double checked and my app was not updated and I don’t see a firmware has been updated.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7