Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: App says offline but everything is woking

Mommytwinz
Aspirant

App says offline but everything is woking

So my app is saying that athe router is offline but all the features are working just fine. When I click the home button and look for my products there is a green light next to the router. is this an issue with the app or do I need to repalce the router??

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 15
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Mommytwinz, welcome to the community! Please provide a screenshot of the app page. Also, is this the Android or iOS version? The C7000 (indicated on the footer) is not among the models that support the Nighthawk app. Please check the model number and firmware version of your router.

Dexter

Message 2 of 15
Mommytwinz
Aspirant

It only says offline every so often. Android phone
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 15
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Mommytwinz, do you have the Remote Management feature enabled on the app?

Dexter

Message 4 of 15
Mommytwinz
Aspirant

No I do not.
Message 5 of 15
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Mommytwinz, we will have this check on our end. Does the issue persist if you enable Remote Management?

Dexter

Message 6 of 15
Mommytwinz
Aspirant

The router ended up dying a few days ago and I got a r7000p 2300 instead
Message 7 of 15
Mommytwinz
Aspirant

It happened again with the new router. Had to exit app and go in again. I then deleted app and reinstalled it. It happens even if remote management is enabled. I think it is an issue with the app at this point.
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 8 of 15
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Mommytwinz, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 9 of 15
tregan01
Guide

I am having the same issue. I am connected to the router on my iMac, iPhone, and Apple TV. However, when I tried opening the Nighthawk app to check for any updates, the app will not connect. It says the router is offline, even though all the lights on the router are green, and as mentioned, I am connected on all my devices (see attached)

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 10 of 15
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello tregan01, 

May you try reinstalling the Nighthawk app on your mobile device.

Christian 

Message 11 of 15
tregan01
Guide

Not only did that not work, but now, even though some devices are online, connected to my network, but some devices are not, and when I enter my password for my network, I am receiving an error that the password is incorrect. However, if I reboot the router, everything is connected again. Although I have been rebooting both my modem and router almost every day for the last week.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 12 of 15
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tregan01, 

Would you mind providing us with the following info for us to check further. 

Router Model:

Router Firmware Version:

App Version: (iOS or Android)

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 13 of 15
Lilweezy83
Aspirant

I’m having a similar issue as what is stated. All the lights on my cable modem are green, my Apple TV still has the connection going and I’m able to stream, but my voice assistants and my phone are not working when connected. The app is also telling me that the connection is offline. Restarting my modem solves the problem temporarily, but I’m having to do it every day.
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 14 of 15
dragonsuicida
Aspirant

I had mine for about 4 years now, but about a year ago I upgraded my isp service to 500 download 100 upload because speed test were always slow. Never gotmore than 350 down while paying for 500. Did some research, and found that starting about a year ago give or take few months, the software update would let only about 60% of the download you pay for go thru. So out of 500gb download I could only get 250 to 350 tops on a good day. Downgrading the software to about 10 updates back, fixed the download issue.( can't remember the exact software version I downgraded to). But now I have the app saying router is offline. After many broken controllers, gaming consoles, and gaming monitors, I finally gave up on Netgear products. On the long run, I wasted more money because of their inability to sell a product with a stable and reliable software, and can't even fix the issue after more than a year and several software updates. Money don't grow in trees, I rather save and pay more for something better than waste on their products. Recomendation: do research before buying. Ps. Buffer bloat on this router after the last several updates is horrible. Playing FPS games is almost imposible. Look into de new Netduma r2 router for about 150 US dollars. I will post a follow up as soon as I get mine on the mail and do some tests...
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7