Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Auto login for NETGEARGenie

SickAgent
Tutor

Auto login for NETGEARGenie

BLUF: NETGEARGenie logs in automatically. We have parental controls set up, but it's essentially open for anyone to shut it off because the application automatically logs in. I cannot find anywhere to stop this or for that matter where I would even enter a password for the application.

Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 1 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Auto login for NETGEARGenie

Hi @SickAgent,

You can uninstall the program from the computer and install the mobile version for either Android or iOS on your own mobile device. You will be able to manage the filtering level for each of the connected device just the same.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
SickAgent
Tutor

I appreciate the response and the idea. That's a possibility, but the mobile app doesn't have nearly the controls and overall features the PC or Mac version does.

Is there really no functionality within the program to no leave the parental controls wide open? That seems like a major architectural flaw.

Message 3 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @SickAgent,

You are correct that the PC/Mac version does have more features built in to them but the mobile versions should have the same functionality when it comes to the Parental Controls feature. Unfortunately, there is no way to logout of the Parental Controls feature. This is something that you can suggest using the link below.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home?topic-zoom=&sor...

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 5
SickAgent
Tutor

Dexter,

Thank you for helping me through all this and for the link! I've submitted the idea already.

V/r,

Dale

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7