Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BAckups on my R6900P - swap HD without causing another backup version when plugged in again

meanjeanslo
Tutor

BAckups on my R6900P - swap HD without causing another backup version when plugged in again

I have an external HD hooked up to my router and have done the full backup using ReadyShare.  But I would like to have another copy on another HD that is held off site and rotate these weekly.  When I tried doing this, the 2nd HD attached with a different drive letter, which was okay and I worked around it to get the backup  working.  However, today (1 week later), I came in and turned off all pc's, made the HD swap, and got things going again, when the system started the backup again, it created a 3rd copy of the backup.  So now I see in Readyshare drive FRONTPC_Backup  04/23/2018

FRONTPC_Backup(1)  05/28/2018

FRONTPC_Backup(2)  06/04/2018

Should it be doing this?  It looks like it is starting a whole new copy of the backup rather than appending to the last one.  Am I just interpreting this incorrectly?

Thanks for your help!

Jeanie

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: BAckups on my R6900P - swap HD without causing another backup version when plugged in again

What software are you using to create these backups?

Message 2 of 3
meanjeanslo
Tutor

Re: BAckups on my R6900P - swap HD without causing another backup version when plugged in again

Hi Michael,

I am using the Netgear Readyshare Vault software that I downloaded when I installed the wifi router.  Should I be using something different?  I like that it has the time machine type of backups.

I appreciate your help!

Jeanie

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7