Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Bandwidth monitoring by device

Mris
Guide

Bandwidth monitoring by device

I am hoping to find a router that can offer this. This an example of what I would like to see: http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-howto/32970-how-to-choose-the-best-router-qos -- particularly the screenshots entitled "NETGEAR Dynamic QoS devices view":

NETGEAR QoS devices view

and "NETGEAR Dynamic QoS bandwidth use over time":

NETGEAR QoS bandwidth use over time

I asked this of two different support technicians from NETGEAR. The one I spoke to yesteday said that the R6400 and R7000 and all higher model numbers offer this. So, I went out and purchased the R6400 and set it up, but I can't figure out how to get this information from Genie.

So I spoke to another support technician from NETGEAR today, and he informed me that no NETGEAR products offer this feature.

Does anyone know if this is true? Is this really not available built-in to any NETGEAR router?

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Mris,

The R7000 does not yet support Dynamic QoS. I will be reporting the article for some correction. We recommend the R7500v2.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 12

All Replies
Mris
Guide

I also suspect this may be part of all NETGEAR Routers that offer Dynamic QoS, but I don't have a way to confirm whether that is true.

Message 2 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Mris,

Yes, you are correct that those features are available on NETGEAR routers that support Dynamic QoS.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 3 of 12
Mris
Guide

Thanks, Dexter.

I went to http://kb.netgear.com/25598/How-do-I-configure-the-Dynamic-QoS-feature-on-my-Nighthawk-router to get a list of routers that offer Dynamic QoS:

routers.PNG

I went out and returned the R6400 and bought the R7000, from this list, and I've set that up.

But, per the instructions on this page, I went to the BASIC Home page, and I don't see Dynamic QoS:

settings.PNG

I looked around the interface to see if it was somewhere else, but I can't find it. Can you (or someone) tell me how to find this setting?

Message 4 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Mris,

The R7000 does not yet support Dynamic QoS. I will be reporting the article for some correction. We recommend the R7500v2.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 5 of 12
makinworks
Aspirant

Sounds like your staff is uneducated in your products
Message 6 of 12
makinworks
Aspirant

Also is it possible that Spectrum -TWC will bottleneck a customers bandwidth?

I am asking everyone i know because it is strange that the day i told them 'no i do not want to pay for $5 a month WiFi service on the modem.

Speed test after is extremely truncated compared to the blazing fast speeds we had on the wifi cable using their modem

Now we use the modem lan to the netgear router and it acts slower. Why is this?
Makes me think they are bottlenecking my service because this router i have should be fast enough? Right?
Message 7 of 12
SinfulJosh
Tutor

As of now. Netgear R7000 does have Dynamic QoS. 

To access it go to your router web interface and login. 

Under the Advanced tab click Setup followed by QoS Setup. 

Enable QoS and you should now have the option of choosing Dynamic QoS

Dynamic QoS R7000

Also it looks like its been around for a while. 

http://netgear-us.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25598/~/how-do-i-configure-the-dynamic-qos-fe...

Message 8 of 12
SinfulJosh
Tutor

(Duplicate Post)

Message 9 of 12
Mris
Guide

Hmm, interesting. Thanks. Looks like all I needed was a firmware update. Don't know why I didn't think to look for one sooner.

Message 10 of 12
Mris
Guide

Also interesting that the directions you found seem to correspond to what I see now in the admin portal, but the ones on NETGEAR's own site (in my link above) don't seem correct. The setup controls are indeed under ADVANCED, not BASIC.

Message 11 of 12
SinfulJosh
Tutor

also the images you provided showing the app also displaying the data per device also works. 

If you view the network map and choose a device there will be an option about details I believe. 

It will display a screen with bandwidth information similar to the  one in your original posts. 

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7