Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Bug genie 3.1.12 android network name change text field inactive for first rightmost character

Bcole
Aspirant

Bug genie 3.1.12 android network name change text field inactive for first rightmost character

On the name change field in the network map device dialog, unable to tap first character on the right to gain field focus.   Seems like the right of the text field is outside of a screen's active view.

If you click on the second character or any character to yhe left you can get focus into the text field.

Suggestion is to increase the screen boarder my one character width.

Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Bug genie 3.1.12 android network name change text field inactive for first rightmost character

Are you using non-default Display settings for Font size or Display size?

Or probably a device with a very tiny display?

Make, model, Android version, ...?

Message 2 of 4
Bcole
Aspirant

I am using a Samsung 8 inch tablet with default resolution, font and screen size.

Samsung    sm-t350 8 inch tablet

Android version 6.0.1

On my Samsung s5 phone doesn't appear to be a problem, so it could be the tablet.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Ok, just to help the lady doing the Genie development ... and to ensure we all talk of the same thing.

Here Genie 3.1.12 on Nexus 9, Android 7.1.1. When open the device details, I find the cursor right at the end of the "Custom Name" input field. Tapping to the left side of the input field does set the cursor in front of the input field text, here "unknown":

Screenshot_20170304-154555.png

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7