Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80 Nighthawk App Issue

SteveSz
Tutor

CAX80 Nighthawk App Issue

Just recently purchased the CAX80 router modem and am having trouble with the Nighthawk app.  After launching the app (iPhone or iPad) I am unable to access the security section. After clicking on it I get this message: ERROR - Device does not exist in UPBackend DB or invalid.  If I reboot the apple device and the router I can connect to the security section for a short time then the error returns.  Support has been no help to me (still waiting for a response to my open ticket).  Anyone in this comunity have any ideas how to resolve this issue? 

Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: CAX80 Nighthawk App Issue

Does it work fine if you're logging into it using a web browser and not the app? 

Message 2 of 9
SteveSz
Tutor

I am unable to click on the security tile from the web browser interface either. It is there but I am unable to click it to open the interface. 

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

Does it give you an error or what do you mean you can't click on it through the browser

Message 4 of 9
SteveSz
Tutor

It does not give an error.  The security tile is there so I assume that you should be able to click on to go into that section just like you can with the other tiles. 

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

do you have an armor subscription? 

Through the gui it just shows activated/not. That's why I curious what it shows through the browser. 

The app is where you navigate/use it. 

Message 6 of 9
SteveSz
Tutor

Yes, I have a subscription and it shows activated. I am also aware that it is activated through the app as that is what I did.
Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app?
or factory reset/reinstalling the router? 

Message 8 of 9
SteveSz
Tutor

I have reinstalled both the app and reset the router multiple times with the guidance of technical support.

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7