Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CDI-API-FAIL error

ReallyUnhappy
Aspirant

CDI-API-FAIL error

the netgear nighthawk app just stopped working...  Device Manager won't load, i keep getting the same error OVER AND OVER again.  CDI-API-FAIL

My router is online, the devices are accessing the internet, but I can't go in and do WHAT I'M PAYING TO DO!!!  I can't assign profiles, etc.  I'm paying for these features and they DON'T WORK. 

It's a Nighthawk AX5 5-Stream AX4200 WiFi Router  (RAX43)

I want this fixed, but rather conveniently, my support lapsed about 3 weeks ago.  The Nightgear app has ALWAYS been horrible. You'd think a company like Netgear would do better.  But no.  The app is so painfully slow, taking almost 8 minutes just to shut off/on guest wifi, for example.  Everything takes forever to load.  i need help!!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: CDI-API-FAIL error

We've been seeing it a lot more as apple has been defaulting to the icloud relay and private mac/ip address setup. 

If its working, you can mark it solved so others aren't still trying to fix it. 

(yes the app is slow. I'm not really a fan of it and i mainly use the browser)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What version is it? 

Is this an ios app or android? 
if its ios, make sure private mac/ip address is disabled along with icloud relay. 

Message 2 of 4
ReallyUnhappy
Aspirant

thank you!!  that  did the trick...

what's weird is that this only just happened in the last few days...

The app really could use some improvement, it's soooooo slow. 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

We've been seeing it a lot more as apple has been defaulting to the icloud relay and private mac/ip address setup. 

If its working, you can mark it solved so others aren't still trying to fix it. 

(yes the app is slow. I'm not really a fan of it and i mainly use the browser)

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7