Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't Log Into Nighthawk App, ONLY When at home on my own network

mattcollins123
Aspirant

Can't Log Into Nighthawk App, ONLY When at home on my own network

Bought my Nighthawk AC 2100 last August and really like it. Downloaded the Nighthawk app and worked great. Now, when I am at home on my own network and open the app, it defaults to the default username "admin" and won't let me change it to my correcect UN. If I dsiable wifi on my phone and open it on a cell connection or am at work on their wifi, the app opens and works fine with no login issues using my stored UN and PW. I recently chnaged phones from a Galaxy 7 to a 10, not sure if that coincides with the login issue or not. 

Model: AC2100|Nighthawk AC2100 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mattcollins123, welcome to the community! There are 2 logins for the Nighthawk app. One is for your NETGEAR account (email format with password) and the other one is the router admin credentials (username is admin and your router admin password). The app is able to detect if you are connected locally (at home) and will only ask for the router admin credentials. The router username will always be admin.

Dexter

Message 2 of 8
mattcollins123
Aspirant

Dexter,

Thanks for the reply. I do recall that now and makes sense. However, I don't seem to recall my admin password. The default "password" is not working and neither does my other Netgear password. Can I reset this?

Message 3 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mattcollins123, yes, if you have enabled the password recovery option, it will prompt you to answer the security questions that you have setup. If that was not setup or if you are unable to answer the questions, a factory reset will be the only option. If that's the case, the steps are provided on the link below.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9665

Dexter

Message 4 of 8
mattcollins123
Aspirant

Thanks for the help! I couldnt get the PW recovery tool to work, but I started guessing and was able to get in without a reset!
Message 5 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Thanks for the update! Glad to know you were able to work your way around it. 🙂

Dexter

Message 6 of 8
clubcanales
Aspirant

So Dexter, I am having the same issue (sort of).  I can't figure out how to login with my admin account on the app.... I have logged in with my email, and can control all the devices logged into the router.  is there more functionality when logged in as admin?   And if so, how do I login as admin?

Thx!

Message 7 of 8

@clubcanales wrote:

So Dexter, I am having the same issue (sort of). 

Possibly, but not a wise conclusion. Better to start a new discussion with a detailed description of your own problem.

@clubcanales wrote:

I can't figure out how to login with my admin account on the app....

What app? What is this "admin account"? A router's control interface?

What Netgear hardware is involved in this?

@clubcanales wrote:

is there more functionality when logged in as admin?   And if so, how do I login as admin?

What are you looking for?

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7