Re: Can't Update Verification Methods

buckeyes822
Follower

Can't Update Verification Methods

I just opened my Android Nighthawk App for the first time in a VERY long time.  My app and Netgear account were using a very old email address so I went online and changed my email address to my new one.  I am able to login with my current email address and password.  BUT, upon login the app says "We don't recognize this device."  So it tries to push a message to my OLD cell phone.  When I choose "Try Another Verification Method" the app still has my OLD email address.  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app on my current phone.  I started searching the web and the Netgear community and see man posts about this same issue.  BUT all the solutions point to two step verificaiton settings that I can't seem to get to.  I have logged into my Netgeear account, tried under login settings (which is where I was able to change my email address), Netgear Meural, etc...  But there is nowhere to delete or remove old verification methods.  I have no way to access my old phone or email address.  If I could just create a new account and associate my router with that new account that would be great but I have a feeling if I create a new account it will not allow me to associate my router with the new account?  I have seen posts saying once logged into the app you can update the verification methods but I can't get past the login verification step on the app to do so.  Can anyone help?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Can't Update Verification Methods

Hello buckeyes822, 

Thanks for reaching out. May you send me a private message with the following info:

Email:

Router Serial Number:

Old Phone Number:

New Phone Number:

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation