Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't access Genie settings

adev
Aspirant

Can't access Genie settings

So this seems to have happened overnight, I'm not sure of the cause but it is very frustrating. I can not see or access any of the settings or values, yet the router is still working flawlessly.

logging into routerlogin.net I get the view pictured below. I have tried using internet explorer, chrome and firefox on multiple computers and safari on my mac. I have tried both wired and wireless connections they all give me the exact same issue. I have reset my router and my modem multiple times which also does nothing.

Also with the Genie app on my phone and Imac I can no longer log in. I keep receiving "Login Failed, Please check the password" when using the exact same information that I login with the browser (which logs in fine).

Only thing I haven't tried yet is resetting the router back to factory defaults, I am heisitant to do this because I don't want to reset and not be stuck where I'm at right now.

any ideas?

Message 1 of 11
LeeH
Prodigy

Resetting the router back to factory defaults using the recessed button on the back of the router is your best option.
Message 2 of 11
HiSpeed
Guide

Hi,

Very strange !
I was just helping someone on another forum having the same issue with an Asus RT-AC68U.
Reset didn't solve anything...
Message 3 of 11
RogerSC
Virtuoso

One thought, flush your browser cache, exit your browser and bring it up again. That might help. I'm amazed that resetting your router to factory defaults doesn't fix it, but maybe flushing your browser cache might.
Message 4 of 11
HiSpeed
Guide

It's not a simple cache issue because he said :
" I have tried using internet explorer, chrome and firefox on multiple computers and safari on my mac."
Message 5 of 11
adev
Aspirant

RogerSC,

I have not tried the factory reset yet. I will attempt it and report back.
Message 6 of 11
adev
Aspirant

well a very strange situation this was but it has been resolved.

pressing and holding the recessed reset button on the back actually did not return the router to the factory settings. Once it had restarted though everything was all back in working order, including having all my personalized settings staying intact.

very strange situation but "all's well that ends well" as they say.

Thank you all for you help and suggestions
Message 7 of 11
TXranger
Aspirant

I was having the same issue this morning with my WNR1000v3, using the Genie App, couldn't display any of my Advanced settings using Google Chrome. Safari worked fine. In Chrome I went into tools, and cleared "cached images and files". Works now. I HATE the Genie App. I've always had problems with it.
Message 8 of 11
hero1318
Aspirant

My Android 4.4.4 tablet updated automatically to Netgear Genie v2.4.8 tonight and now I can't log into the router (WNDR4300v2) on the tablet. I enter the password and click log in but the screen blinks and goes back to the same log-in screen.

My Windows 10 PC got updated to v2.4.12 tonight and it works. I can log in to the router with Netgear Genie using the exact same password on the PC.

The tablet connects to the router on 5 GHz band and seems to work fine, it's just that the Genie app doesn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled it on the tablet with same result - can't log in.

Bummer! :mad:
Message 9 of 11
rpoffen
Virtuoso

hero1318 wrote:
My Android 4.4.4 tablet updated automatically to Netgear Genie v2.4.8 tonight and now I can't log into the router (WNDR4300v2) on the tablet. I enter the password and click log in but the screen blinks and goes back to the same log-in screen.

My Windows 10 PC got updated to v2.4.12 tonight and it works. I can log in to the router with Netgear Genie using the exact same password on the PC.

The tablet connects to the router on 5 GHz band and seems to work fine, it's just that the Genie app doesn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled it on the tablet with same result - can't log in.

Bummer! :mad:

FYI, it has been noted in these forums that running the Genie app on your PC can cause problems with the router. It is recommended to uninstall it from your PC.
Message 10 of 11
hero1318
Aspirant

I've been using Netgear Genie on 2 laptops (Win 8.1 and Win 10) and on an Android tablet without any router problems, including changing channel, SSID, etc.

And it still works on both laptops, after yesterday's update to v2.4.12. But yesterday's update to Android v2.4.8 doesn't work. So I will have to delete it from the tablet.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7