Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't access premium circle features after upgrading routers -- lost all settings too

russbroker
Aspirant

Can't access premium circle features after upgrading routers -- lost all settings too

I upgraded my Blackhawk to a newer Blackhawk and now have no Circle.  My Circle App cannot find the router.  Please tell me this AC1900 Model R6900 is also compatible!!  And how do I get my old Circle settings back???

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: Can't access premium circle features after upgrading routers -- lost all settings too

@russbroker wrote:

I upgraded my Blackhawk to a newer Blackhawk and now have no Circle.  My Circle App cannot find the router.  Please tell me this AC1900 Model R6900 is also compatible!!  And how do I get my old Circle settings back???

If you replaced one bit of hardware with another bit, you will have to setup the new router from scratch. There is no "memory" of the settings anywhere outside the old device. It is in the old router's memory. Nor can you copy the settings between different devices by saving and loading a file.

You don't say what the older device was, the model number, so it is anyone guess as to how it compares with the R6900.

Did you check that the R6900 supports Circle before you bought it?

This suggests that it will work.

What NETGEAR routers support Circle with Disney? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

But you will have to work out how to implement it on your new hardware.

You already done all this stuff once, so it should be pretty straightforward.

Message 2 of 3
russbroker
Aspirant

Thanks.   I discovered the problem after hours of painful research.  Both Netgear and Circle have compatible models listed, but what they DON'T have is which versions.  For example, I bought the R6900 as it is listed everywhere as a compatible model...BUT, I bought the V2, which is NOT.  Quite the oversight if you ask me.  Then I had to beg, barter, plead with Netgear to send me the Version B router at no cost to make this right (after 40 minutes on the phone).  I generally love Netgear, but this has certainly left a sour taste.

Now they want me to send off my old router at my freight cost and await the RMA device.  Not a good situation there either.  I have 22 devices on WiFi in my home, I can't exactly do without a router for a few days.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7