Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't complete Nighthawk app setup NETGEAR C7000 AC1900

scarbaj
Aspirant

Can't complete Nighthawk app setup NETGEAR C7000 AC1900

I cannot complete the Nighthawk app setup for our NETGEAR C700 AC1900 modem/router because every time I try my iPhone 11 kicks me to a NETGEAR Genie password reset page when I try to connect to the WiFi after resetting the modem/router. This, of course, doesn't work, because Genie is defunct, so the little gray "Next" button on this password reset page is totally useless. So I can't connect my phone to the WiFi, and therefore can't complete the Nighthawk setup in order to be able to control and manage the device. This has happened to me before, and after a couple of futile days attempting to troubleshoot I woke up one morning and my phone was connected again. But I've never been able to use Nighthawk. Anyone have a similar issue they've been able to resolve?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't complete Nighthawk app setup NETGEAR C7000 AC1900

Do you have WiFi Private IP address disabled on the phone? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

Try using a wired PC and web browser to set up the modem at 192.168.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you have WiFi Private IP address disabled on the phone? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

Try using a wired PC and web browser to set up the modem at 192.168.1.1

Message 2 of 3
scarbaj
Aspirant

My WiFi Private IP address was not disabled, but I reviewed the link you included and tried again after disabling the WiFi Private IP address and Limit IP Tracking. It didn't help at first, but when I tried to connect to the network again I selected "Use without Internet" and that worked to get the Nighthawk app able to complete the setup. (Finally!) 

Thanks for your quick response and tip!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7