Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can’t log into Nighthawk app on iphone

Srk55
Aspirant

Can’t log into Nighthawk app on iphone

Every time I try to log into my nighthawk app and put in the email and password it said there is something wrong and won’t hook in. I have changed my password many times , deleted and downloaded the app many times but nothing. I can sign on my Netgear account online but not using the app. Any suggested solutions.
Message 1 of 6

Re: Can’t log into Nighthawk app on iphone

@Srk55 wrote:
Every time I try to log into my nighthawk app and put in the email and password it said there is something wrong and won’t hook in.

Not a lot to go on there.

What Netgear device are you trying to connect to?

Do you know that it supports the Nighthawk app?

Which products support the NETGEAR Nighthawk app? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 6
Srk55
Aspirant

It’s a brand new nighthawk R7000P.  The app initially worked.  After it installed the provided security software i could no longer get passed the login.  I can login on my netgear account online and I can directly login into the router online, but the app refuses to let me login.  Each time I enter the email and password on app it says “something is wrong, try again”.  I have changed the password a number of times and still no luck.  I get the same notice when I use the app in my iPad as well as my iPhone.  Something in the app connecting to the system is stopping the app from working.

Message 3 of 6

@Srk55 wrote:

After it installed the provided security software

What's that? Armor? Something else?

My R7000P is software free.

Message 4 of 6
Srk55
Aspirant

Armor that came with the R7000.  I don’t know if that is what’s causing the issue or whether it’s coincidence.

Message 5 of 6
Srk55
Aspirant

Amazingly, I tried the app today and it logged right in.  So it works for now.  I have no idea why it did not log in before and neither does Netgear who could not figure it out.  Maybe something reset over time at Netgear and now it works. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7