Can’t login to Nighthawk app after firmware update

JSpooner
Tutor

Can’t login to Nighthawk app after firmware update

R7900P Router
Firmware v1.4.1.68_1.3.28
Nighthawk App v2.9.5.14
iOS 14.4.2

I updated firmware yesterday and have not been able to sign in to Nighthawk app ever since.
I’ve tried everything I can think of. Deleted app and reinstalled. Even changed router name and password back to factory specs. No dice.

Routerlogin.net (192.168.1.1) works fine on Windows 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: Can’t login to Nighthawk app after firmware update

@JSpooner wrote:

I updated firmware yesterday and have not been able to sign in to Nighthawk app ever since.

What happens when you try? Any error messages?

Local wifi or Anywhere Access?

Message 2 of 5
JSpooner
Tutor

Local Wifi stuck at Login Required screen. Will not let me log in with my credentials that work fine on my Win10 PC.

Anywhere Access gives error "Device is offline" but the screen shows a check next to my router pic and says Connected via Anywhere...

When I try to select it, it does nothing.

If I select "< Your Products" at top of screen it goes to spinning wheel and says "Switching Products..." but never connects.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5

@JSpooner wrote:

Local Wifi stuck at Login Required screen.

Does that mean that the device will not connect to the wifi, or that the app will not connect to the router?

They are not the same thing.

Have you told the mobile device to forget the wifi and set it up from scratch?

Message 4 of 5
JSpooner
Tutor

My iPhone does connected to the R7900P when I'm in range. All broadcast channels connect and operate fine.

The Nighthawk app apparently sees the router, but it will not accept my credentials and move past the login screen.

Yes, I have tried forgetting the main 2.4Ghz connection several times and have had to re-enter my password to connect. That doesn't seem to be the problem.

My router password is long and has special characters in it.

My admin credential has only alpha and numeric characters in it. I read somewhere that special charaters might be a problem so I changed my admin to not have any.

I've also tried changing my wifi password to not have any special characters either, but that still didn't work.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7