Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't login to my Bypass Account (Parental Control) after the Latest Genie Update to 2.4.32 on MAC.

last_martian
Aspirant

Can't login to my Bypass Account (Parental Control) after the Latest Genie Update to 2.4.32 on MAC.

I just updated Netgear Genie to 2.4.32 on my MAC and I can no longer login to my OpenDNS Bypass account. I tried deleting and recreating the bypass account through Netgear.Opendns website. After searching through the web, it seems like lot of people have or had this issue but I haven't seen any official solution from Netgear on why this issue keeps reoccuring. I have Netgear R8000P (Nighthhawk X6S) Router. If this is an issue with 2.4.32, how do I revert back to previous version. 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
m2jel
Aspirant

Re: Can't login to my Bypass Account (Parental Control) after the Latest Genie Update to 2.4.32 on M

You can try emailing support at netgearteam@netgear.com

(I haven't heard anything back in a week) so here's my fix for other frustrated parents/users: 

Since it looks like the problem is with the current version of Genie (PC), I uninstalled what I had, ran CCleaner and then installed a downloaded version of Genie I had from July 2017.

With the older version of Genie, I logged into Parental Controls without a problem and was able to make changes to the filtering level of each of my devices.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7