Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't login to router via Genie

lksmr111
Aspirant

Can't login to router via Genie

Hi,

I goggled and cannot see the older versions of router firmware anywhere? Can someone tell me where to get them from.

Message 1 of 6

Which router is this?

You may have given the forum this information, but it has not passed it on to the rest of us.

You should be able to find old firmware in the Netgear support area, but first you need to know what router you have.

Message 2 of 6
MistyLady
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem everyone else is...I can't login to my router using the Desktop version of Genie. I keep getting the "Login Failed...Router timed out" message. I have no desire to use the Genie mobile app. My PC is running Windows 10 Pro. I was able to do this until yesterday when I did a firmware update. I did all the things suggested...uninstall/reinstall, reset the router, etc. etc. Genie was working fine until the update...version is 1.0.1.18. Thank goodness I can still access my router using my browser!! With the number of people having this same problem, I think Netgear needs to fix this latest firmware update.
Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 6

A couple of thoughts, have you tried telling the desktop genie to login "manually", using the IP address? This has worked for me in the past.

Do you have the latest version of the desktop genie. I am now on 2.4.46, but only because I went and looked for it.

genie Landing Page | Apps | Discover | Home | NETGEAR

Netgear is good at sneaking out new versions without telling anyone. Unlike most modern stuff it does not have an obvious  "check for updates" option within the software. But there is an "Upgrade" option if you right click the icon in the notification area. It might work, but it failed when I tried it on a spare PC.

Message 4 of 6
MistyLady
Aspirant

@michaelkenward wrote:

A couple of thoughts, have you tried telling the desktop genie to login "manually", using the IP address? This has worked for me in the past.

Do you have the latest version of the desktop genie. I am now on 2.4.46, but only because I went and looked for it.

genie Landing Page | Apps | Discover | Home | NETGEAR

Netgear is good at sneaking out new versions without telling anyone. Unlike most modern stuff it does not have an obvious  "check for updates" option within the software. But there is an "Upgrade" option if you right click the icon in the notification area. It might work, but it failed when I tried it on a spare PC.

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I have tried doing the manual login & it doesn't work. And, I have the same version of Genie that you do. So, as long as I can login to my router using my browser, I'll just ignore Genie. It would be nice, though, if Netgear would realize that there is some kind of problem here. Thanks again.

Message 5 of 6
MistyLady
Aspirant

Evidently, my Netgear Genie problem was with my DSL carrier...Centurylink. They had a major power outage yesterday that lasted for at least 20 hr. Once they fixed it, my Netgear Genie logged into my router without any trouble. I hope this helps someone.

MistyLady

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7