Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't login to router via Genie

JMU1998
Luminary

Re: Can't login to router via Genie

I can't login either using genie on my android tablet same error message others getting about not being able to login.  I have Netgear Orbi with latest firmware and latest version of genie as well.

Message 76 of 109
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all,

We are currently looking into this. We will provide an update once available.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 77 of 109
vickyrao
Star

Recently there was an update at least for Android app. Then it worked awhile according to the changes of the app, login issue fixed. However, a day later, the problem is back. Please look into this urgently.

Message 78 of 109
jmeyers11
Guide

Brand new AC3200 and I'm having the same issue as everyone else here.    Cannot login to the router via Genie on my PC or iPhone.    

Message 79 of 109
Mdgreene2001
Tutor

This did not fix my problem iOS genie software does not work for nighthawk x6 R8000 after the new look genie came out for iOS. You took a good app and ruined it.
Message 80 of 109
Konfident12
Aspirant

I cannot login via the Android app as it keeps asking me for my password over and over again. I can log on to it through a PC, but no data is ever displayed. It just clocks and clocks. Model C6300, Firmware Version V2.01.18.

I actually just clicked on Cable Connection, put my password in again and got the following message, however, everything is working.

Please check the RF connection 

Message 81 of 109
jluna
Aspirant

I also have the same problem . I just purchased this router yesterday. I could not get in through my iphone genie app, and i could not log in though my mac and windows PC laptop through my genie app. I called support twice. I rebooted router and it worked, then minutes later it stopped working again. i did a factory reset again and it still did not work. I called a second time and the agent remotely connected to my computer and told me he could not get it to connect as he reset to factory also. He told me the unit must be defective and to take it back to the store for an exchange. The router is super fast and works great. i just cannot connect with the genie app. i have to use the browser at router logging. is purchasing a new one going to help?

Message 82 of 109
Bigskeeter47
Aspirant

I am in the same situation.  I installed a new R6100 with no issues.  Downloaded Genie App for windows PC.  I, too, cannot log in guest network.  I get the same error message "system timed out".  I have uninstalled, re-installed Genie program, reset router to factory default all to no avail.  Is it true Genie does not work with windows 10?  If so, I will delete program and login through browser until problem is corrected.

Message 83 of 109
jluna
Aspirant

I had the this issue with my mac and my surface pro. Netgear told me to return it.  i exchanged it for the Nighthawk X8 8500 . no issues with that on this one.

Message 84 of 109
chennadi
Initiate

I have the same issues. It used to be fine after the major android app update.

But later there was a firmware update to X6 R8000 - V1.0.3.36_1.1.25.

The problem started afte this update.

Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 85 of 109
Bigskeeter47
Aspirant

I have tried to download previous versions of updates for my router.  When I try to run the program I get a "disc corrupted" error.  This occurs with all the previous versions listed for my router.  Has anyone else experieniced this problem?

Message 86 of 109
AMHEB
Initiate

Same here. Bought the router 2 days ago and a couple resets, factoryresets, uninstalls and installs of the genie app (Windows10) later I still can't acces the router by the app, or connect with parental controls. The functionality of the genie app was one of the reasons for me to go for this router. I'm a bit disappointed.

Message 87 of 109
NTGR-OPS
Tutor

Same issue here.

R8000, have tried all the above steps to no avail, at least 5 times.

This issue has 25K views on this forum.  I think a resolution is needed, or at least a workaround.  Lots of folks affected.

Message 88 of 109
NTGR-OPS
Tutor

FYI, downgrading the router firmware fixed the issue for me, at least for the moment.  I can now access the router through Genie on multiple machines, including IOS apps and PC.

Message 89 of 109
Obnoxs2
Aspirant

5/9/2017
I updated netgear and now have exact issue described above. Anyone have a fix yet?
Message 90 of 109
jmeyers11
Guide

This definitely appears to be related to the router firmware update.     I bought a new router, setup genie, logged in, and everything worked.    I updated firmware and it immediately stopped working and hasn't worked since.     Netgear, help us out!!!

Message 91 of 109
Spyderjohn
Aspirant

Same issues here but with iOS on both iPhone and iPad. Cannot log in using genie but can using the safari browser.

Message 92 of 109
Kernny
Aspirant

Same issue here. Everything is ok before updating latest firmware.

Better update the new firmware to fix this issue

Message 93 of 109
bsanjay
Aspirant

Same issue , after upgrading the Genie fails to log in to the router .

After reset it works temporarily , the minute you change you ssid , it stops working .

An urgent resolution for this issue is required , looks like this issue is going on for past 5/6 months 

Message 94 of 109
vickyrao
Star

Agreed. I am still facing this issue. Contacted their support during my 90 days support and yet no response from them. Now when i try to contact them again i am not able to as the 90 days period has ended. This is bull**bleep** support. I really regret moving away from Asus to Netgear. Sigh. This is really disappointing support system. When we really need help they are not there to help. No response whatsoever from Netgear on this community is another bull**bleep**. What kind of company is it?

Message 95 of 109
ivhansen
Star

That right? Then I will have to return the R8000 I bought 8h ago. How on earth can these products be in business?

Message 96 of 109
jmeyers11
Guide

I have this issue also and post above. No response or fix from support. I did fix this issue by rolling back to the previous version of the firmware. Works fine now. That's the only thing I could do to fix it.
Message 97 of 109
ivhansen
Star

If only that worked. What version works? V1.0.3.36_1.1.25 not working here.

Message 98 of 109
jmeyers11
Guide

I'm on v1.0.3.32_1.1.21 and it works very well. I downgraded from the version you reference in your post.
Message 99 of 109
ivhansen
Star

Yaw, one more downgrade then... And it can draw a correct network map? And you can block devices (wired/wireless) from Genie?

Message 100 of 109
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7