Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can;t login to the Nighthawk App

whital1
Guide

Can;t login to the Nighthawk App

Everytime I try to login to nighthawk app on my phone it tells me. ( To many invalid attempts. Please try again in 30 seconds, )

I have deleted tne app several times. I have cleared the cache and data severai times nothing works. It worked before, It started after I reset my router. I also changed my password did not work. Please help

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 17
Azurinlabs
Aspirant

Won't let me login for too many invalid attempts....I didn't even try once.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 2 of 17

@whital1 wrote:

It worked before, It started after I reset my router.

When you reset the router you erased all earlier settings.

This includes things like the password for the router and the remote access link via mynetgear.

Message 3 of 17
Wallcrawler
Aspirant

I just set up my new router and installed the app, now getting the same message. Did you figure this out?
Message 4 of 17

@Wallcrawler wrote:
I just set up my new router and installed the app, now getting the same message. Did you figure this out?

What is that router? (Model number?)

What is that app? (Genie/Nighthawk?)

What mobile (iOS/Android?)

Logging into what? (Wifi? MyNetgear? Router?)

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

Message 5 of 17
Wallcrawler
Aspirant

What is that router? (Model number?)
RAX75, AX5700

What is that app? (Genie/Nighthawk?)

Nighthawk

What mobile (iOS/Android?)

Android

Logging into what? (Wifi? MyNetgear? Router?)
The nighthawk app. It worked fine for about ten minutes and after I connected numerous devices throughout the home to the wifi I could no longer access the app to review or monitor.
Message 6 of 17

@Wallcrawler wrote:

The nighthawk app. It worked fine for about ten minutes and after I connected numerous devices throughout the home to the wifi I could no longer access the app to review or monitor.

I'm afraid that "could no longer access the app" provides minimal diagnostic information. There could be various reasons for that. What happens when you try to open the app? 

The Nighthawk app is a way into various things.

There is local access and what they now call "Anywhere" access. (It used to be known as Remote access.)

For local access, it will ask you the password for your router. (The username is admin.)

What does your Android screen look like when you login?

What prompts and error messages do you see?

Can you access the browser's graphical user interface? You can try this with a wired connection, or by aiming your Android device at the usual landing page for your router. See the manual for that.

Message 7 of 17
whital1
Guide

I have done all of these things still can't login to the app on my android phone.

Message 8 of 17

@whital1 wrote:

I have done all of these things still can't login to the app on my android phone.

Thank you for providing so much information to go on!

I repeat:

I'm afraid that "could no longer access the app" provides minimal diagnostic information. There could be various reasons for that. What happens when you try to open the app?

Message 9 of 17
whital1
Guide

The error I get is (Too many invalid attempts. Please try again in 30 seconds).

Message 10 of 17
centauratlas
Tutor

Hi,

I was having the same issue today.  Rebooting the router seems to have cleared it up.

This was what I was seeing if anyone else sees it.

I have a RAX200 and started getting the same message today whenever I was in the app and hit the "Sign In" button:

"(Too many invalid attempts. Please try again in 30 seconds)."

This was on iOS 14, with current version of the Nighthawk app (2.6.2.12) and no firmware upgrades available for the RAX200.

1. I waited about 30 minutes, same thing on the first login attempt.  I tried that several times earlier today.

2.  I could login without problems with the local IP - 192.168.1.1 with the same login information.

3. I knoew that the password is correct since I used both the auto-fill version and also typed it myself with it unhidden so I can be sure I didn't mistype.

4. I deleted and reinstalled the app without changes

So, did you try rebooting the router?  

Message 11 of 17
whital1
Guide

Thanks for the help

Message 12 of 17
tkrels
Aspirant

Did you ever find a solution. I have exactly the sam problem. I can connect to the router vie ethernet using a web browser but the iPhone app will not. I operate the Nighthawk in AP mode on a Google fiber network. Google network box provides routing. Was working fine, all I had to do was click "anywhere access" and it connected. Now as many others do all I everget is (To many invalid attempts. Please try again in 30 seconds). I have turned of Face recognition and remember password to eliminate any issues with them. I've deleted the app, installed the app on other iOS devices and still same problem when manually entering password. 

Message 13 of 17

AP mode breaks a lot of things.

A search should find an article that lists what won't work. 

Message 14 of 17
vandal98
Initiate

I just installed a nighthawk mesh router and the nighthawk app. It was working fine until I enabled IPv6.  After I applied the change, the app would not work (iOS 14) and I was getting the "too many login attempts, try again in 30 seconds" message.  I turned off the IPv6 setting and the app works again.

Message 15 of 17
Curban05
Initiate

Exact same issue with nighthawk mesh wifi system after enabling ipv6, where too many invalid attempts message just continues to populate
Message 16 of 17
grenhall
Aspirant

That solved it for me as well. Running iOS 14.72 and Nighthawk MK63

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements