Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't logout out of Nighthawk app or the Browser page on my R8000 Router

JohnPKennedy
Aspirant

Can't logout out of Nighthawk app or the Browser page on my R8000 Router

It seems on my iPhone, I cannot log out of NightHawk or on the

www.routerogin.com.  I don't have a logout option on my iPhone using the NightHawk app and on the Safari browser, I logout out but the next time I go to my Router I don't get the login/password entry box.  It just goes to the router page, already logged in.  This just started yesterday was when I first noticed it.  

Message 1 of 6

@JohnPKennedy wrote:

It seems on my iPhone, I cannot log out of NightHawk or on the

www.routerogin.com. 

I have seen questions here before about this lack of a log out feature, I never did get an answer as to why anyone expects this. Apps are not the same as desktop programs.

The Nighthawk app connects to your router using Netgear's cloud service as an intermediary.

When you connect to the router you have to create a MyNetgear account. The first time you use that you have to provide the MyNetgear login details it will ask you for your router's login credentials. (The admin/password details.)

After that, you just get in via MyNetgear. If iPhone apps are anything like Android apps they remember the login details. You do not log out.

So, don't waste time looking for a logout option. The simple act of closing the app breaks the link to the router.

.... on the Safari browser, I logout out but the next time I go to my Router I don't get the login/password entry box.  It just goes to the router page, already logged in. 

When it comes to the browser, that is a different operation. The logout thing is still there when using Edge in Android. If I use it, I am well and truly logged out of the browser graphical user interface (GUI).

I am too mean to buy iOS stuff. Maybe the iPhone is being helpful and remembering the login details. That is a general trend with modern browsers. But they usually ask for permission to save passwords.

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

I've had it happen where I'm not logged out of the browser before and anytime I accessed it with its IP address I was auto-logged in. Had filed a bug on it but it magically fixed itself after a couple days and I didn't hear anything back from netgear. I couldn't tell you why it happened or what fixed it but it did stop after a bit. 

Message 3 of 6
JohnPKennedy
Aspirant

I've had the logout option on the menu for Nighthawk app on my old Android and current iPhone.  It's only recently the logout option isn't there.

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version are you using? 

Mines got the log out option after being logged in. 

What browser are you using? 

Be sure to clear out all browser caches and any saved PW profiles in the browser as well as if you have a saved profile for the router, the browser may attempt to log back in with it's saved PW. 

Message 5 of 6
JohnPKennedy
Aspirant

Thanks, I have my browser working now. Not sure what I did.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7