Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't update firmware because of App issue

stablegrooves
Follower

Can't update firmware because of App issue

So I've been trying to update my router firmware to the latest version to see if it will solve some random connection issues I've been having and Net Gear Genie is giving me nothing but problems. For some reason now it sends me to a page asking me to sign in with a user name and password in order to finish the update, which I've never had to do in the past. Normally I would just update it from the App since I'm already signed in to my router. I sign in with the correct info but it won't accept the login and just go's back to the same login screen. I even reset the password and tried again to no avail. Also tried the option to give your serial number and then answer 2 security questions (which I answered correctly) and still nothing. My warranties have long since expired, but this is an App issue or issue on Net Gears end not a hardware issue. I think it's pretty lame they don't offer any sort of support unless you pay them money to join some stupid club of theirs to talk to a real person or recieve any kind of help. So now I have no way of contacting some one to find out why their app is causing me all these problems. Anyone have the same issue before or no of a way to get ahold of some one to find out why none of my login info will work?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't update firmware because of App issue

Hello stablegrooves, 

You may try logging in using the default admin credentials below. 

Username: admin

Password: password

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7