Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot LOGON to Netgear Nighthawk Iphone App

Bourmatnov
Follower

Cannot LOGON to Netgear Nighthawk Iphone App

I utilize the Nighthawk iPhone app to remotely manage my router.  I forgot the password and reset it using the forgot password button on the app. However, I have not been able to logon to the App. It says "An Error Has Occurred - Try again"  I know I am using teh correct credentials because I am able to logon to the Netgear site with the same credentials!  Is it possible I have bene blocked by Netgear?  The company doesn't seem to offer any logon help in front of the paywall.

Thanks,

Paul

Message 1 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Hi Paul,

@Bourmatnov wrote:

I utilize the Nighthawk iPhone app to remotely manage my router.

A little bit thin - please provide at least the router model, the firmware version, and the App version.

@Bourmatnov wrote:

I forgot the password and reset it using the forgot password button on the app. However, I have not been able to logon to the App. It says "An Error Has Occurred - Try again" 

Just wild guessing here: I suspect that there is a dependency between the router registered for remote administration (by App) and the password - and that after the change of the [My]Netgear account password the router can no longer link up with the cloud anymore, and can't be reached therefore.

A test worth trying would be to disable and enable the remote administration - while being connected to the local [W]LAN. 

@Bourmatnov wrote:

The company doesn't seem to offer any logon help in front of the paywall.

They think their products don't require such basic support ... my wild unqualified and unique view from the Swiss mountains .... ups. I'm not allowed to say more - because I had promised to be nice to Netgear.

Regards,
-Kurt.

Message 2 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Bourmatnov, are you still experiencing the issue?

Dexter

Message 3 of 7
RayCara
Aspirant

Yeah... I'm trapped too.

Message 4 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @RayCara, may we know what specific issue are you encountering with the Nighthawk app? Also, what steps have you tried so far?

Dexter

Message 5 of 7
RayCara
Aspirant

I was having issues with my router, not loading certain websites (which worked fine the other day) over some security issues that another router (non Netgear) handled fine.

So I used the paper clip trick to re-set the modem.

After some time passed and the modem was up, tried to use the iPhone app to change some of the setting of the router, and the phone didn't want to connect and kept asking me for a password and wasn't taking the default password for Admin or the password on the back of router, or my Netgear account name and password.

Although my Netgear account name and password get me into the web site from my browser.

I even reset the password, from the web site and it didn’t help.

I tried deleting and re-downloading the app from my iPhone, but it's still stuck at the “Netgear, One Accout, Any App” screen and not accepting my credentials.

I gave up and used a browser on my Mac to get into the router and change the name and password etc.

And yes... The iPhone on the Netgear router's wireless network. All my internet-using apps are running fine on the phone. And this app used to work fine.

Thoughts?

Message 6 of 7
Boogie1000
Aspirant

I have the same issue. I reset my password and I'm able to log into the account via the desktop computer but can log into my Nighthawk app on iPhone iOS app .

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7