Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot Login to Genie App (from PC)

Re: Cannot Login to Genie App

@Techsniffer wrote:

...it has been confirmed many times over in this thread and others that the factory reset does absolutely nothing to fix this issue....

It does for some people, which makes it even more frustrating.

Fortunately, a reset is reversible, so you lose nothing if you save your settings.

Message 76 of 90
Djoiner
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue with a brand new r8000 unit. Very frustrating. Has the issue been resolved or should I return this to the store?
Message 77 of 90
Djoiner
Aspirant

Message 78 of 90
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all,

There is no update from engineering yet.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 79 of 90
ScubaMike7
Star

Netgear should open source this then they would get quality code and wouldn't have to pay some dev who doesn't give a crap about this.

Message 80 of 90
MikeScott
Initiate

I'm having same issue. The app worked great 2 months ago but for most 3 or 4 weeks, the Netgear Genie won't recognize the NightHawk router.
Message 81 of 90
Vandsjackson
Tutor

I've been having the same issues - It i now end July - Is there really no solution yet?

Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 82 of 90
TheAgcaoilis
Guide

All,

Try the new V1.0.3.48_1.1.33 official firmware.  If that does not work, Netgear has a beta firmware and I can confirm that it fixes these issues.  PM me if you are interested on how I got the beta.

Regards,

Michael

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 83 of 90
Vandsjackson
Tutor

Thank you for the update - I've now updated my firmware and all working 🙂

Message 84 of 90
nytiger73
Star

I updated to the latest firmware. It worked great for about an hour, then the issue popped up again. So, it's still broken. Try again Netgear.
Message 85 of 90
TheAgcaoilis
Guide

So, according to Netgear RND, the official R8000-V1.0.3.48_1.1.33 that you get when checking firmware through web GUI, is different from the beta version (even though it has the same version number).  See DM...

This beta is still working for me going on a week...  Good luck!

Message 86 of 90
EEWdad
Aspirant

The latest firmware update has fully resolved this issue for me. I can logon to Netgear Genie from both my PC and iPhone now. Whatever the gremlin was, it appears to have been resolved. Truthfully, this fix took longer than I expected; however, I am pleased to be able to actually use the app with my router.  

Message 87 of 90
nytiger73
Star

I'm going on well over 24 hours with the official firmware, and the firmware is working as intended.  It might have been just a hiccup.  One other thing I have run into (and I might need to start a new thread) is since they decided to (stupidly) take away the option to give friendly name to devices in the web interface and make it an app only feature, some of the device I rename, the change are fine on the app, but when I log into the web interface or on another device those friendly names don't stick.  Has anyone run into this issue?

Message 88 of 90
kman68
Star

The lattest firmware update has solved the problem.  Thanks.  I can now control all my devices from my tablet.  Better late than never.

Message 89 of 90

@nytiger73 wrote:

the change are fine on the app, but when I log into the web interface or on another device those friendly names don't stick.  Has anyone run into this issue?

Wouldn't the genie have to write that information to the device itself for it to carry over from one genie interface to another?

Message 90 of 90
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7