Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access the Internet

JOhnL46
Aspirant

Cannot access the Internet

For what it is worth, I just spent  a few hours tring to configure a new little AC1200.

The way I did it was to download the App on to an IPad and configure it via Wi-Fi.

When I came to use it, no browser would work ( Safari on the ipad, Firefox on the Laptop) - they all complained about insecure networks - one even managed to send me to routerlogin.net to set up a new account. The general complaint was that somebody might be impersonating routerlogin.net and it was all insecure.

I tried everything - updated the firmware, went back to factory settings, plugged it into the broadband router so that it was the only device on the network- nothing worked

I then took a standard Windows 11 laptop, disabled the WI-FI which would not work, and connected it to the router with an Ethernet cable and it all worked. - I could access the Internet no problems.

I did not change anything.

I then disconnected the Ethernet on the Laptop  and  tried WI-FI again - it worked.

Tried the Ipad - it worked

Tried the Iphone - it worked

Tried my wife's iphone - it worked

I only do this every now and again but it seems to me that Netgear might have a bug.

Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

Re: Cannot access the Internet

The app is NOT MEANT TO CONFIGURE A ROUTER BUT TO OPERATE IT. If you need to configure it, the Web UI is the only proper way in doing it as it exposes all (important) options while the app does not; it is there to MANAGE not configure a router.

Message 2 of 5
JOhnL46
Aspirant

We might be talking about two different Apps

The Quick Start Documentation that come with the router says

"the Nighthawk app guides you through the installation"

An one can down load it from teh Apple Store or Google Play.

It pretty well allows you to set up everything.

Message 3 of 5
microchip8
Master

No, we're not talking about 2 different apps, there's only 1 app; the Nighthawk app. And regardless what NETGEAR says, the app is meant to manage a router. It cannot configure its (core) functionality

The app does not support reserving DHCP IP addresses for devices
The app does not support changing WiFi channels or other advanced settings
The app does not support port forwarding or port triggering

The app does not support service blocking
The app does not support IPv6 settings & co

... shall I go on?

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

Lets start back at the beginning. 

1. What router is it? AC1200 is a speed

2. what modem/gateway do you have the router connected to? 

3. What firmware is on the router?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7