Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot log into Nighthawk app

JWish
Tutor

Cannot log into Nighthawk app

Ever since I got my new phone, I have been unsuccessful at logging into the Nighthawk app. When I use the login credentials I have always used, it says it doesn't recognize the device and sends a text for verification to the old phone I no longer have. When I click "try another method", it only gives me the option to send an email to an email address that no longer exists. I have updated both my regular Netgear profile and the routerlogin.net site to reflect the new email, however it isn't updating in the app. Please help.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi JWish, 

May you try clearing cache and data and see if you're able to login the Nighthawk app.

Christian 

Message 2 of 7
JWish
Tutor

Hello-

I have cleared my website history, uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it is still doing the same thing.

Message 3 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi JWish, 

I'd like for our support team to look into this further. If you wish to be contacted, please send me a private message with your contact info. 

Thanks,

Christian

Message 4 of 7
rs6
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought a Netgear router(AC2300) and was able to get the app to work long enough to get the router to work.  At this point the app shows me a "Netgear Account Login" screen and wants my email and password.  When I type in the correct email and password, I get a "Something went wrong" message.   I know this is the correct email/pw because I have used an ethernet cable to connect my Pc to the router and was able to log on to the Netgear web site using this email/pw.

I am using an iphone 11.   I tried clearing the safari cache/history.  I tried deleting and reinstalling the app.   With a fresh app installed on the iphone and already connected to the wifi router, starting the app immediately showsthe screen where it requests my netgear email/pw.  

I'm very happy I knew enough from my prior netgear router to try 192.168.1.1 from my PC via ethernet cable to get into the router settings as admin and do the rest of the configuration the old fashioned way.

I would like to get the app to work though, please advise.

Message 5 of 7
JWish
Tutor

I PMd you.
Message 6 of 7

@rs6 wrote:

I just bought a Netgear router(AC2300) ....

AC2300 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series