Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot pause device from remote using netgear nighthawk app

BBBB
Tutor

Cannot pause device from remote using netgear nighthawk app

For the purpose of pause and unpause/reconnect devices of my kids I use the netgear nighthawk app. Everything was working fine up to about 3 to 4 weeks ago. Now I can pause all except one device (a desktop PC connecting through wifi. If I pause it in the app it shows like it would pause, however, it does not really pause the device. If I restart the app, it shows the device again as unpaused (which in fact it is). Fact: I cannot really pause that device. All other devices do not show this strange behaviour and can be paused.

What I did so far: deleted and reinstalled the nighthawk app, booted the desktop pc that I cannot pause, rebooted the router (R7000 Nighthawk).

Any ideas what could be the cause and cure so I can pause/unpause that device correctly?

Mark

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 7
BBBB
Tutor

Hi, I do have exactly the same issue now on a different router in a different building with the same setup. It is only one device, Desktop PC, connecting over WiFi. Anybody else having similar issue? Solution?

Message 2 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BBBB, 

May you provide the model number of your router, the current firmware version it's on along with with the app version you currently have installed. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 3 of 7
BBBB
Tutor

Thank you for contacting me. As to not make any typos, I just took a picture containing app version, firmware version and serial no. of R7000. Pls consult attached pic. Thank you.

Mark

Message 4 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Mark,

Thanks for providing that. Does the issue persist when connected locally? You may also try using a different device locally or remote along with toggling the remote management feature on/off again. 

Please let me know if any of these suggestions work. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 5 of 7
BBBB
Tutor

Hi Christian

Yes, if I connect locally (same WLAN) the problem persists. In addition I have installed the nighthawk app on a different device and tried to disable the device both, locally and remotely. The problem persists in either case.

Again, and strange enough, in all the configurations above I can pause / unpause devices except the one Desktop PC.

Looking forward hearing from you and best regards

Mark

Message 6 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BBBB,

Thanks for confirming. I'd like for our support team to reach out for further investigation. If you're interested, please send me a private message with your contact info and serial number. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7