Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot reserve static IP after iOS app use

MDavidson
Follower

Cannot reserve static IP after iOS app use

I recently installed the iOS app and updated the router's firmware (V1.0.4.84_10.0.58).  Using the web genie (routerlogin.net), I can no longer change the reservations of IP addresses for my attached devices (e.g., cannot change from 192.168.1.37 to 192.168.1.42 or reserve a new address outside the DHCP pool). 

When I go to edit an existing reservation or create a new one, text and buttons within the window disappear completely (leaving behind the gray background).  If I interact with the menu on the left or the Basic/Advanced tabs at the top, then I am prompted to provide my login credentials.

My devices that already have static IP addresses are still connected, and other devices can still connect within the DHCP pool.

Anyone else having the same problem?  Any workaround short of a factory reset?

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Topology
Virtuoso

Re: Cannot reserve static IP after iOS app use

MDavidson, I too am experiencing difficulty reserving a LAN IP address on a RAX120 (1.0.1.114), after upgrading the Nighthawk App (2.4.19.1 on iPhone 11). The browser interface to the router seems to be unexpectedly changing the LAN TCP/IP Setup IP Address during the reservation process (which, prior to the App upgrade, worked without issue).

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem, RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot reserve static IP after iOS app use

Hello MDavidson & Topology, 

Thanks for reaching out. Curious to know if either of you have tried reinstalling the Nighthawk app to see if the issue persists. 

Looking forward to hearing back!

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7