Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot update firmware from Knighthawk app

SLue
Tutor

Cannot update firmware from Knighthawk app

I hope I am in the correct forum. For the 1 1/2 yrs I have had my WiFi router I have had difficulty with firmware updates. Last night I tried to install the firmware update multiple times and all the app does is “spin”. It never updates. My internet speed is 100mbps, so it isn’t the issue. This happens at every update. I even let it continue for 20 minutes and it still didn’t update. In the past I would go back a few days later and it will have updated. What can I do to get it to update?
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

I'm not a fan of the updating through the app or wireless. If there's going to be issues, its going to come from that. 

I'd hardwired into the router and manually update the router. I usually recommend a factory reset after updating but you can try it without and see how it runs. 

here's the support site. Keep in mind there are different versions of the R6700 so select the correct version from the drop down. The release notes walk you through the manual update. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R6700.aspx

Message 2 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Message 3 of 5
SLue
Tutor

Thanks!  This worked

Message 4 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @SLue, thanks for the update and confirmation! You can mark the post that helped fixed the issue as the accepted solution to help others who may encounter the same situation.

Dexter

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7