Reply

Re: Cannot update firmware on R6400 thru NIGHTHAWK app

eww2018
Follower

Cannot update firmware on R6400 thru NIGHTHAWK app

After receiving email to update firmware, installed the NIGHTHAWK app. Updated my Netgear info on computer. Thru the app can only get to the page to visit routerlogin.net. Once I click on that button, I cannot log into routerlogin.net.  Tried multiple user name and passwords.  Cannot update firmware.  Any suggestions?

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Royisnotbatman
Initiate

Re: Cannot update firmware on R6400 thru NIGHTHAWK app

I am experiencing the same issue.  Bit of a dead end.

Message 2 of 5

Re: Cannot update firmware on R6400 thru NIGHTHAWK app


@eww2018 wrote:

After receiving email to update firmware, installed the NIGHTHAWK app. Updated my Netgear info on computer. Thru the app can only get to the page to visit routerlogin.net. Once I click on that button, I cannot log into routerlogin.net.  Tried multiple user name and passwords.  Cannot update firmware.  Any suggestions?


Kind of hard to follow what is going on there.

 

What does "Updated my Netgear info on computer" mean?

 

And what does this bit mean "Once I click on that button, I cannot log into routerlogin.net."

 

What button? What happened when you tried? "cannot log into" means nothing because  there are many ways on which people cannot log in.

 

And what NIGHTHAWK app are you using? iThing? Android?

 

Can you approach your R6400 with a web browser?

 

There is a manual for the R6400 somewhere at the end of this link:

 

>>> R6400 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

 

This has a section on how to update the firmware.

 

 

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 5
Royisnotbatman
Initiate

Re: Cannot update firmware on R6400 thru NIGHTHAWK app

I skipped the Nighthawk step, used the username and password on the bottom of my R6400 to logon to routerlogin.net and updated the firmware.  There is an option to authorize future updates to occur automatically.  Think that's it for this issue.

Message 4 of 5

Re: Cannot update firmware on R6400 thru NIGHTHAWK app


@Royisnotbatman wrote:

I skipped the Nighthawk step, used the username and password on the bottom of my R6400 to logon to routerlogin.net and updated the firmware. 

 


That's the way to do it. More reliable than apps, especially if you do it with a wired connection to the router.

 


@Royisnotbatman wrote:

There is an option to authorize future updates to occur automatically. 

 


Many people disable that because automatic updates can break their systems.

 

 

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1689 views
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements