Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle fails to setup on r8000 router

gt336
Aspirant

Circle fails to setup on r8000 router

I'm trying to setup circle on my Netgear R8000 router. I go through the process on my iphone via the Circle app, it makes it all the way through to asking for my router login details, then after a moment I get a message saying: something went wrong, please try enabling Circle again. Has anyone else encountered this? Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 9
TerryPh
Virtuoso

Re: Circle fails to setup on r8000 router

Check your internet connection first by opening a browser and going to a website. If it goes, then reset the router, and set it up again while it is working.
If you can't go to any website, and I'm quite sure that your router has FW 1.0.4.4, which is very buggy at present.
Message 2 of 9
gt336
Aspirant

Thank you for the quick reply, my internet connection is working fine. My router is connected to a Telstra Frontier modem. I have tryed resetting my router (Factory reset) but I get the same issue. Anything else I can try?

Message 3 of 9
TerryPh
Virtuoso

Try to set it up with Ethernet connection with a desktop. This will ensure that the process will go through completely. Then reboot the router by powering it off and on.
Message 4 of 9
gt336
Aspirant

How do I go about setting up via a desktop? I thought it was ony possible to setip Circle via the ios app?

Message 5 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @gt336,

Please make sure you go through the steps linked below.

https://kb.netgear.com/000038871/

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 6 of 9
TerryPh
Virtuoso

Hi DexterJB.
I did follow the guide when I was setting up the Circle with the newest firmware upgraded on my R8000 few weeks ago. All WORKED well for about less than one hour, and the problems, ie. Internet disconnection, gateway IP addressing, DNS server hook-up, but NOT USB failure, came back. Hard resetting few times, enabling and disabling Circle few times seemed to correct the problems for less than 15 minutes. After all failed, I'm back to older version 1.0.3.54 and immediately no problems came on and it has been stable since then, of course without the Circle parental control feature, none of it at all.
FYI. Just received email from NETGEAR and they seems to concur with what I thought the root cause of the recent problems that people are complaining about. They are working on solution
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 7 of 9
Bbhagat
Initiate

R8000 setup as AP mode. Circle option fails to be enabled in advanced mode. Firmware uodated to latest. Ethernet canle drom Verizon fios connected to yellow wan input of R8000.

Internet working smoothly and dhcp being distributed by Verizon in bridge mode.

Need to activate circle parental controls.
Model: AC1450|802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit Smart WiFi router
Message 8 of 9
TerryPh
Virtuoso

Very interesting. I would like to see it to myself, by setting the R8000 behind another router as an AP repeater.
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7