Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle with Disney is causing a network multi-function printer to appear offline

PhotoRat
Aspirant

Circle with Disney is causing a network multi-function printer to appear offline

I have a Nighthawk R7000 router and have enabled Circle with Disney.  When I restart the router, computers on my networks are initially able to access the printer to scan or print.  Then, after a period of time  (several hours or a day), the printer appears offline to the computer and the router must be rebooted to resolve the issue.  Rebooting the printer does not solve the issue, nor does rebooting the computers - I must either disable Circle with Disney or reboot the router.

The printer is an Epson ET-4550 multi-function printer (print, scan, fax). The printer is assigned to the "Unmanaged Devices" in the Circle with Disney app.  The printer is connected via ethernet to a switch that is connected via ethernet to the Nighthawk router. 

The computers experiencing the "offline" issue with printing to or scanning from the network printer are all running Windows 10.  The "offline" issue occurs regardless of whether it is a desktop connected to the same switch as the printer or a laptop connected to the router via WiFi.  Also, the issue occurs regardless of the profile (Adult, Kid, or unmanaged) to which the computer is assigned.

I have tried assigning the printer and computers a static IP address and that does not change the issue.

I wonder if the printer driver on the Windows computers are periodically checking the availability of the printer and Circle by Disney is preventing that traffic. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Circle with Disney is causing a network multi-function printer to appear offline

Hi @PhotoRat,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
PhotoRat
Aspirant

Re: Circle with Disney is causing a network multi-function printer to appear offline

After assigning all devices on my LAN a static IP address and then rebooting everything (the router, and all the computers) we haven't had any issues with the multifunction printer appearing offline.  

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 4
jamesearlcain
Aspirant

Hello, We have a similar Epson. Ours does the same thing. We normally have the printer turned off. If we turn the printer on and reboot the main PC (windows 10) we can print to it, every time. good luck, james
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7