Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Circle with Disney on my R7000 sees non existent device

cdysthe
Virtuoso

Circle with Disney on my R7000 sees non existent device

I use Circle with Disney on my R7000. I have all devices on my network registered and identified except for one LG Android device which keeps showing up in Circle but not anywhere else, and I do not have any LG devices in my home that this Android device name and hardware address belongs to. It doesn't show up on the router as connected either. I have tried to turn off all devices in my house and still this LG Android device stays on according to Circle. I have removed the device from Circle but it pops up again after a few seconds. The device never creates any internet traffic either according to Circle, it's only there doing nothing. How can I find out what this is. I have the host name and hardware address, but that's all.
Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @cdysthe,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 2 of 8
samething
Aspirant

I have this same issue.

Message 3 of 8
cdysthe
Virtuoso

Hi @DexterJB,

I have been overseas for a while, but will be back to my R7000 next week. I will contact you then. Thank you for following up!

Message 4 of 8
cdysthe
Virtuoso

Hi @samething

You say you have the same issue. Do you mean you have a device you can not identify shown in Circle but not as a connected device on the router? If so, is it identified as a LG device in Circle?

Message 5 of 8
samething
Aspirant

I see a device (called Kath's Iphone) on the Circle network that is not a connected device on the router.

Message 6 of 8
cdysthe
Virtuoso

Hi again @DexterJB

I got some time to look at this some more. I have found out that this has to be my LG Urbane Android Wear watch since the device is gone when I connect to Circle away from home not being connected to my home network. What is odd is that the device shows up even when I turn off the watch and disable wi-fi on  This is why I didn't think it was the watch initially. Now I think the watch connection may be up somehow through the Andrdoi Wear app on my phone even when the watch itself is off. I can not test this without my phone since I need it to check Circle. I will try to install Circle on another phone and see if the LG connection then is gone in Circle.

Regardless, this device should not show up on Circle in the first place. It doesn't show on my router and there's never any traffic registered for it. Circle should ignore such connections just like the router does. Rember that this device never shows up on the R7000.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 7 of 8
samething
Aspirant

This is not my issue.  I have no Apple products in my house and if I did, the name would not be "Kath's Iphone"

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7