Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Correct password not recognized when trying to connect Netgear Extender to new wireless Comc net

Litha
Tutor

Correct password not recognized when trying to connect Netgear Extender to new wireless Comc network

I had no problem initially connecting this Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri-Band Wifi Range Extender to my home network when I purchased it about 6 months ago...but then I upgraded my home Comcast to Xfinity X1 wireless network. I tried to reconfigure the Netgear Extender, going through all of the recommended steps in the app to introduce a new wireless system. I got to the point where my extender finally recognized my new wireless network. When it asked for the network password, I entered the password correctly. However, it would NOT recognize the new password (despite it absolutely being correct), even after multiple CORRECT attempts at re-entering it.

I called the Nighthawk Netgear customer support number to tell them of the issue. Rather than give me any insight on why my password wasn't being accepted on the app, the technician told me that if my device was older than 90 days, I would have to buy an extended warranty to receive any troubleshooting advice. This is not the "helpful" response I expected. The device itself isn't even 6 months old. Can anyone please help me?

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Correct password not recognized when trying to connect Netgear Extender to new wireless Comc net

What model number is on the X1? 

Some are designed to function with xfinity's xfi pods. 

Message 2 of 6
Litha
Tutor

Message 3 of 6
Litha
Tutor

The model number is TG4482A. I was able to successfully connect today only via WPS after doing a factory reset and then speaking with Xfinity. I’ve abandoned trying to connect via the Netgear app
Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

Either way, glad to hear you got it working!

Message 5 of 6
Litha
Tutor

Thanks for your reply and your interest in helping me!
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7