Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cortana is calling me netgear genie and I haven't touched any settings that alter my name.

Daveth
Follower

Cortana is calling me netgear genie and I haven't touched any settings that alter my name.

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help. I've recently noticed that Cortana in windows 10 has started calling me netgear genie, as in, 'Can I be of assistance, netgear genie?' or, 'Need something, netgear genie?'. I haven't touched any settings that could've changed my name like that. Has anyone ever heard of Netgear Genie doing this to their computer? And does anyone know of a solution? 

Many thanks in advance,

Dave

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Cortana is calling me netgear genie and I haven't touched any settings that alter my name.

Hi @Daveth,

We have not had any similar case as yours. However, you may refer to this link as a solution on how to change what Cortana calls you.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Daveth,

We have not had any similar case as yours. However, you may refer to this link as a solution on how to change what Cortana calls you.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7