Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Device-Manager-in-the-NH-app-fails...Still

FURRYe38
Guru

Device-Manager-in-the-NH-app-fails...Still

OK so I'm starting another post regarding the subject line again since this is still an on going problem and the other two threads regarding this are now closed due to inactivity:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/Device-Manager-in-the-NH-app-fails/m-p/1790832/highli...

and 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/New-XR450-XR500-v2-3-2-56-Firmware-Upd...

So the NH app is failing with a error message when we select the Device Manager on a iOS device. iOS 14.4.2

DeviceMangerError.png

AboutApp.png

Android device can access Device Manager with out seeing an error, however, NO devices are listed when there were at least two devices connected to the XR450:

AndroidAppDeviceManagerXR450.png

Otherwise the app is connecting and working with a EX7700 extender online as well:

NHAppHomeScreen.pngEX7700HomeScreen.png

XR450NetworkMapWithEX7700.png

If I connect to the EX7700 thru the NH app, device manager shows an unknown device which in this case was my iPhone 12 Max:

iPhoneOnEX7700DeviceManager.png

This would be great to get fixed. 

Speed test ran with NH App connected to EX7700:

SpeedTestFromEX7700.png

Speed test ran with NH App connected to XR450:

SpeedTestFromXR450.png

Going on 8/9 months since this was first reported. Still a problem. I presume this effects all the XR series models and other router series models as well. Someone said they submitted a ticket last July/2020. @jordi08110 Others reported seeing this problem as well. @andrew_carmelCA 

Hoping NG can finally review this and get this resolved.

@DarrenM 

@Netduma-Fraser 

@Christian_R 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
sdsaltwater
Tutor

Re: Device-Manager-in-the-NH-app-fails...Still

I am having the same problem or at least same symptom: NH app Device Manager fails with the error "Sorry, the action was failed. Please try again."  The other functions within the NH app appear to work for my router. 

My setup is an R8000 Nighthawk X6 AC3200

running Firmware V1.0.4.68_10.1.75

I'm running the NH app version 2.9.0.13 on iOS 14.4.2 on an iPhone X, which are the latest versions as of this posting.

I've tried Factory Reset of the router and delete/reinstall of the NH app, with and without Access Control enabled through the router's web interface and nothing has made any difference.  I've seen a few other threads in the past where users succeeded by updating their app and/or trying the Factory Reset, but no luck for me. Hoping someone else has found a solution.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7