Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Device Manager in the NH app fails...

FURRYe38
Guru

Device Manager in the NH app fails...

I thought I would post this here as well:

I just setup my XR450 with v56 today on a 200/10 ISP and speed testing is to spec, via wired PC and NG Nighthawk app on iPhone 6sP and Android Galaxy Tab S2 pad. 

QoS set for 70% on both sliders using "When High Priority Traffic is Detected." 

Also have 2x EX7700 extenders connected. Smart Connect is enabled on the XR450. 

I did find an issue, has to do with the NH app. Device Manager reports "Sorry, the action was failed. Please try again." when seleting this on iPhone. On Android pad reports "Connected devices not found." Both iphone and pad have up to date NH apps. 

OP:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/New-XR450-XR500-v2-3-2-56-Firmware-Upd...

Ideas or suggestions welcome. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: Device Manager in the NH app fails...

I have the same issue. I am trying to resolve and issue with handoff between my 2x Ex8000 and the XR500. I reset everything, made sure i was on the latest firmware and notice in the App  (Latest version) that I am not seeing any devices regardless which device I am connected to. On the XR500 I get the same message as you  "Sorry, the action was failed. Please try again." and on either of the two extenders I get just get a blank screen and at the top  "Devices (0)".

Now, I am not sure that I have ever been able to view them, as I usually do admin from my PC and the web page for each device is reporting all the attached devices with no problem. So I am assuming it is an App issue.

Andrew

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender, XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Device Manager in the NH app fails...

What happens if you turn OFF The 2 EX extenders and try the app with just the XR router? 

I also have 2 EXs installed...

@andrew_carmelCA wrote:

I have the same issue. I am trying to resolve and issue with handoff between my 2x Ex8000 and the XR500. I reset everything, made sure i was on the latest firmware and notice in the App  (Latest version) that I am not seeing any devices regardless which device I am connected to. On the XR500 I get the same message as you  "Sorry, the action was failed. Please try again." and on either of the two extenders I get just get a blank screen and at the top  "Devices (0)".

Now, I am not sure that I have ever been able to view them, as I usually do admin from my PC and the web page for each device is reporting all the attached devices with no problem. So I am assuming it is an App issue.

Andrew

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7