Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Device manager not displaying devices

theedge21
Tutor

Device manager not displaying devices

Whenever I access my router from the nighthawk app (on my android), I'm not able to see my devices from the device manager. When you select it it seem to open a Parental control page and it display "profiles" but no devices are listed. I usually this feature (the device manager) to enable and disable access remotely but now i can not. Anyone have any idea on how to resolve this

I am running 2.9.6.1513 of the app. 

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 23
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Device manager not displaying devices

Hello theedge21, 

May you confirm your router model and the router firmware version you currently have installed.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 23
theedge21
Tutor

It is RAX43 

Firmware 1.0.2.82_2.0.50

Message 3 of 23
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello theedge21,

Thanks for the details. We're hoping to release a new app version for Android soon. Please stay tuned!

Christian 

Message 4 of 23
theedge21
Tutor

would it be possible to update this thread when the android build is ready? just so that im nofitied.. Im guessing there no time line you could share right?

Message 5 of 23
smckee
Aspirant

I am having same problem no matter how I connect to router no devices are shown connected.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 6 of 23
Guyoncouch02
Aspirant

Hi all. Running nighthawk r6700v3 .. FW v1.0.4.120.
Since that firmware update, i am not seeing my attached devices anymore. This is on the nighthawk app or in the web GUI. Any thoughts on this? I haven't found anything on it.. I'm thinking it's firmware related but unable to confirm. Thanks.
Message 7 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you factory reset the router and setup from scratch after that last FW update? 

@Guyoncouch02 wrote:
Hi all. Running nighthawk r6700v3 .. FW v1.0.4.120.
Since that firmware update, i am not seeing my attached devices anymore. This is on the nighthawk app or in the web GUI. Any thoughts on this? I haven't found anything on it.. I'm thinking it's firmware related but unable to confirm. Thanks.

Message 8 of 23
Guyoncouch02
Aspirant

ya know i read about it after i posted. do we know any reason why a factory reset is required after this FW update was pushed out?  does the reset revert to a different FW version after the reset? thanks for the insight

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 9 of 23

@Guyoncouch02 wrote:

does the reset revert to a different FW version after the reset?

No. A reset just wipes out the configuration.

It does not touch the firmware version.The only way to revert to older firmware is to manually "update" it.

Message 10 of 23
Guyoncouch02
Aspirant

And from the sound of it, this is not something NetGear is aware of and plan to correct with a future FW version? Restting just sounds like a hassle. 

Message 11 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

A reset maybe needed to tell. Sometimes resets are need for troubleshooting. NG doesn't post information on if or when problems are fixed in future FW updates. You may want to contact NG support and let them know what your having problems with. 

@Guyoncouch02 wrote:

And from the sound of it, this is not something NetGear is aware of and plan to correct with a future FW version? Restting just sounds like a hassle. 

Message 12 of 23
AusTx
Aspirant

I have an MR60 mesh with a satellite and for some reason, my nighthawk app no longer shows my connected devices. I get an error message every time I try to view the connected devices. I have the iPhone app. My device firmware and the app software are both up to date. What is the issue?
Message 13 of 23
ItsPhysics
Aspirant

This is exactly the fault I've been experiencing for a while, I've just updated to the latest version of the App and it's still persisting

(https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/Nighthawk-App-not-communicating-with-RAX43/td-p/22091...)

Message 14 of 23
TheMan0Steel
Aspirant

I am having the same issue after updating the firmware.

I am using the IOS App and have performed a factory reset and still getting the same issue. 

I removed the app and reinstalled as well and no resolution.

Message 15 of 23
AusTx
Aspirant

I’ve given up trying. Netgear has no interest in fixing the issue. Worked fine when I bought it but was never the same after a firmware update.
Message 16 of 23
TheRealRoderick
Aspirant

I've had this problem for a while. 

I messed about with some stuff, including disabling UPnP.  Then it worked. 

You might try disabling UPnP.  I'm not sure if that's what did it for me, but it's worth a try.   And probably good to have UPnP disabled anyway. 

Message 17 of 23
Oats467
Aspirant

Is there a solution to this problem?

Message 18 of 23

@Oats467 wrote:

Is there a solution to this problem?

If you mean invisible attached devices, there can be different solutions based on what you want to achieve, what you are doing, the Netgear devices you use and other factors.

If you need help with a particular system, then rather than latching on to the end of an inconclusive  conversation that has been running for some time, it might be better to start your own fresh contribution, including as much detail as possible.

You can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Message 19 of 23
Oats467
Aspirant

I am trying to use access control,  when I log in to the router on my computer it says to use the app.

When I use the app I was getting nothing, just wanted me to set up parental controls.

I updated to the latest firm ware on the router and now I can see devices on the app.

But I still don't see how to turn on access control or how I can allow to devices in.

Also none of the devices in the list have any name next to them,  before they had a description.

Message 20 of 23
Oats467
Aspirant

My Router: Nighthawk AX5 RAX29  

Firmware Version V1.0.11.96_2

Message 21 of 23
Oats467
Aspirant

Access Control
To use Access Control, please use the Nighthawk App.
This is what I see on the computer when I log in to the router.
Message 22 of 23

@Oats467 wrote:
Access Control
To use Access Control, please use the Nighthawk App.
This is what I see on the computer when I log in to the router.

Have you installed the Nighthawk app on a mobile device band completed setting it up?

This requires Anywhere Access. This is turned on by default.It lets you connect the Netgear cloud to manage things like Parental Controls.

Anywhere Access is not the same as Access Control, which is something that you with a web browser and the graphical user interface (GUI) to manage the Internet access for things on your local network. It is not a part of the app's parental controls.

Setting up Anywhere Access take several steps.

First you have to login to the wifi on the device. Then install the Nighthawk app and take it through its setup.

At some stage the app will ask you provide your online Anywhere Access account information to get you into the Netgear cloud system. It will also ask for the router's login details. The same as the admin account you use with the GUI.

Why can’t I log in to my router using the Nighthawk App? - NETGEAR Support

Once you have penetrated the app's defences, you should see a screen with the controls that you can manage.

R7000P RemoteR7000P Remote

Some things require you to have a local wifi connection before you can do anything.

There is much more in the manual.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the sections in the manual:

Connect to your router with Anywhere Access

and

Enable access control to allow or block access to the Internet

Message 23 of 23
Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series