Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Devices on my network stuck in Bypass login but I have no bypass login account

Glenn291
Aspirant

Re: Devices on my network stuck in Bypass login but I have no bypass login account

Same issues for me with D6300.  Using Genie (2.4.32) on PC and 2.4.38 on Android, the filtering level on several devices is stuck on Bypass login and I am unable to change it as it reports that bypass logon is active.  However I do not have any bypass logins

Message 26 of 79
Stomlinson
Aspirant

Re: Devices on my network stuck in Bypass login but I have no bypass login account

Same here! Only changes on my iPod touch but changes right back to bypass
Message 27 of 79
Stomlinson
Aspirant

Same here! I also was only able to moderate the setting back on my iPod touch which is iOS 10. Android won't work. And windows says check firmwhere not connected to internet when I am. It says I'm logged into a bypass already log out first. I checked open dns and no bypass exists
Message 28 of 79
Stomlinson
Aspirant

It's still not fixed!!
Message 29 of 79
Stomlinson
Aspirant

Nope I set mine to custom in open dns but only can use the custom settings if I set netgear to Minimal settings. Minimal settings is default settings that you customize. It's BACKWARDS. Now it's bypass accounts that don't exist. This is bs. I have went to open dns umbrella 14 day trial as back up till this is fixed.
Message 30 of 79
Stomlinson
Aspirant

Same here since start of October! But go back to other device. Watch it changes back to bypass!

Message 31 of 79
JPCubish
Aspirant

This is happening to me too. My son has a wide open filter. NOT GOOD. Please fix ASAP.  I have NO bypass account setup. The whole point of a parental filter is to have it work.  He went from high filter to ZERO and I had no notice of the change.

Message 32 of 79
Blkjak
Tutor

Same issues here. Noticed it changed after updating the Genie App on IOS10 iPad and iPhone. Hopefully a new revision to the Genie App will resolve the issue. 

Message 33 of 79
pgolgan
Aspirant

Any idea when you will have a fix for this problem? I've been checking this thread for days
Message 34 of 79
JPCubish
Aspirant

Since the silence is deafening from NetGear, I will share my work around. Steps:

1. Uninstall most recent Genie from device (my case Android)

2. Google search Genie version 2.4.26 (older version)

3. Install older version on device and reset the network devices with the "Bypass mode" set.

TURN OFF AUTO UPDATES on your device or you will get the new hosed Genie version back again.

Have a nice day !

Message 35 of 79
Blkjak
Tutor

Makes sense JPCubish.....might be tough on IOS though.

Message 36 of 79
pgolgan
Aspirant

Thanks JPCubish. Unfortunately I have an iPhone so I can't get the previous version.
Message 37 of 79
JPCubish
Aspirant

Try to do the same steps but for Apple. A  Google search should yield a way to role back, even for Apple. Keep mind, the Android version I mentioned above may NOT be the same for Apple, so try  to research the versioning for your product.

Good luck.

Message 38 of 79

I just had this EXACT same issue happen to me tonight.  I was watching HBO on my smart TV, all of a sudden it stopped......I couldn't figure it out.  I eventually decided to look at the router settings on my Phone App (Android - Samsung S7 - Verizon) and noticed the "Bypass Login" feature assigned to certain devices.

After reading this post, Zero One mentioned all of the devices set to "None" have been switched to Bypass Login, yet I NEVER DID ANYTHING.  

All of the kids were set on Default Router Settings which i pre-set to block certain things or all things at certain times at night and on weekdays (school nights), but my devices are all jacked up now and I can't do anything unless I completely turn off all of the filters.

PLEASE HELP!  This was a very expensive router and something like this shouldn't just "happen"........I was literally sitting on my couch watching a show and bam.........what......the heck......!

Message 39 of 79
JPCubish
Aspirant

Protect  your kids folks. A wide-open internet is like leaving your kids In public bathroom for hours a day alone.

Stay vigilant.  this is a terrible mistake

Message 40 of 79
Smokin502
Aspirant

Message 41 of 79
Smokin502
Aspirant

Same issue here. Can't seem to change the bypass mode. Need help to figure this out.
Message 42 of 79
pgolgan
Aspirant

When I saw there was an iOS update, I assumed the problem would be solved.....but you know what they say about assuming
Message 43 of 79
Blkjak
Tutor

Yup. Netgear Has an obvious problem on their hands. Hopefully the SW Engineers can find a resolution. Their previous fix broke it. That is my finding. To bad. I liked the SW up until now.
Message 44 of 79
schlueter69
Aspirant

Same issue the only device I do not have the issue with is my iphone 4s(which I have not updated the app on).  uninstalled and reinstalled on galaxy s4 and is still saying I am logged into a bypass account but I don't even have one set up. Even my apple tv is showing a bypass.

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 45 of 79
Blkjak
Tutor

My Apple TV's are showing the same. I see a new iOS Genie update was released today....didn't fix our issue. 

Message 46 of 79

I operate my app through an Android, as well as others on this forum, so the issues is not iOS or Android related, but i'm pretty certain it's directly related to the phone app, but who knows.

I'm going to Geek Squad tomorrow and they're going to try and diagnose the issue since Netgear won't respond to our concerns.

Message 47 of 79
Boris2014
Guide

Exactly the same issue here. Hugely frustrating and renders the whole parenting control null and void. The router cost a fortune - Netgear needs to fix this urgently.

I don't have a bypass account and yet all my devices from computers through to webcams are now 'bypass login'. If I try and change this I get the message that I must log out first. Issue is replicated on all MACs, all PCs, printers, iPads, iPhones and webcams. An absolute disaster.

Message 48 of 79

Ok so I had Geek Squad support over the phone, they couldn't help so they sent me in store. I brought my entire network with me......they said they can't help in store and apologized for the phone rep wasting my time and Suggested i call Netgear directly because it clearly sounds like a application issue.

I did, the rep was rude, told me it was Geek Squads responsibility.....surprisingly she agreed to do a 3 way call with Geek Squad and we got a supervisor Carlos on the line. We talked for about 30 minutes and realized the lady with Netgear was lazy......we agreed to hang up and he called me right back, we did a 3 way call BACK to NETGEAR and got a different rep.

Went over everything again.....after about 30 more minutes me and the Geek Squad manager got them to speak with a higher up technician who then relayed the message that they're aware of known issues with iOS and Android phones and the Genie application....they're working on fixing it, buy no ETA on when it will be fixed.

It's clearly the update on the phone app.

There's no way to go back to the previous version so all we can do is wait........also, you can simply delete the phone application and run everything through the computer and it should work fine.....not as convenient, but it will eliminate the problem temporarily until they fix the phone application with a new update.

Hope this answers a lot of everyone's questions.
Message 49 of 79
Blkjak
Tutor

Netgear just had an update to IOS that came out last week Ver 2.4.34  It didnt work.  Lots of frustrated Netgear Genie Users.  Hopefully someone is listening.

Wes

Message 50 of 79
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7