Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Different filtering levels on individual devices using the NETGEAR Genie desktop app.

JohnSmith101j
Follower

Different filtering levels on individual devices using the NETGEAR Genie desktop app.

Nighthawk R7500, latest firmware, Windows 10

I need detailed instructions on how to set different parental control filitering levels on each connected device in Genie.  The general OpenDNS setting is set for Low, but I have one or two devices where I need to turn it off.   I don't see the option to change the level for a device in Parental Control.  If I select the device in the Network Map and enter Modify (where I would expect to be able to change it) I don't see an option to change the Parental Control setting for the device.  

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Different filtering levels on individual devices using the NETGEAR Genie desktop app.

Hi @JohnSmith101j,

You are on the right track as far as the steps that you have provided. The option to change the Parental Control Filtering should be under the Modify option on the device. Please refer to the screenshot below:

Genie_Per_Device.jpg

If you do not see this option, please make sure that the NETGEAR Genie app is up to date or you may try uninstalling and re-installing the app.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7