Re: Does Netgear Genie Auto Setup Usually Work OK?
Does Netgear Genie Auto Setup Usually Work OK?
My WNDR4500 has been hooked up to an AT&T DLS modem and working almost flawlessly for 2 years. This coming weekend I plan on relocating it to my next door neighbor's house and hooking it up to his TWC Ubee cable modem. Hopefully, after power is re-applied the router and new modem will sync up and I won't have to worry about doing a new setup. I don't have expertise in setting up modems; I had to have Netgear Tech Support talk me through the initial setup 2 years ago. My 90 day free support is now long gone.
In researching the setup procedure, I read the following in the online manual:
You can set up your router with the NETGEAR genie automatically, or you can use the NETGEAR genie menus and screens to set up your router manually.
To use NETGEAR genie to set up your router:
1. Turn the router on by pressing the On/Off button, if not done yet.
2. Make sure that your device is connected with an Ethernet cable (wired) or wirelessly (with the preset security settings listed on the bottom label) to your router.
3. Launch your Internet browser.
• If this is the first time you are setting up the Internet connection for your router, the browser automatically goes to http://www.routerlogin.net, and the NETGEAR genie screen displays.
• If you already used the NETGEAR genie, type http://www.routerlogin.net in the address field for your browser to display the NETGEAR genie screen. See Use NETGEAR genie after Installation on page 15.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete NETGEAR genie setup. NETGEAR genie guides you through connecting the router to the Internet.
I'm just wondering if any of you have actually used the Genie to automatically set up your router, and if the process is as simple as claimed.