Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does not show registered

hx1977
Aspirant

Does not show registered

Originally purchased, installed, and registered in November 2018.  Does not show up under my registered products.  When I attempt to register, it says it is registered under another account.  I only have one account.  Am unable to control it with the previous Netgear Genie app, and unable to log into it using the Nighthawk app because it doesn't associate the router with my account.  I have had access to it via both the Genie App and the Nighthawk App previously before being forced out of the Genie App and into the Nighthawk app.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
hx1977
Aspirant

Re: Does not show registered

I contacted customer support today and they helped me resolve this issue.  I was correct in the fact that my Nighthawk was not showing as registered to my account, however it showed correctly in the Netgear system.  Had me delete the existing app from my device, and redownload it.  Once done, I was able to log in and access the router via the app.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@hx1977 wrote:

Originally purchased, installed, and registered in November 2018.  Does not show up under my registered products.  When I attempt to register, it says it is registered under another account.

The product registration - convinced Netgear is able to help on that part - is completely independant on the Genie App or Nighthawk App remote access binding to the Netgear Account.

@hx1977 wrote:

Am unable to control it with the previous Netgear Genie app, and unable to log into it using the Nighthawk app because it doesn't associate the router with my account.  I have had access to it via both the Genie App and the Nighthawk App previously before being forced out of the Genie App and into the Nighthawk app.

Use the Nighthawk App while locally connected, top left [Home] button, head to Settings -> Remote Administration ... disable the Remote Administration (if shwon as On at all). Now enable it again, and login using your Netgear Account (as used here for the community or for the support access).

And no, nohting "forced out", bith Apps continue working for now.

Message 2 of 5
hx1977
Aspirant

I am unable to use the Nighthawk app as it does not recognize my login credentials, even though they work when logging into both the Genie App as well as the netgear.com account online.

And yes, the Genie App does "force" you to use the Nighthawk app on a mobile device, as it states the device is no longer supported by the Genie App and provides the "upgrade today" option, which opens the Nighthawk app, and then fails to allow me to login.

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@hx1977 wrote:

I am unable to use the Nighthawk app as it does not recognize my login credentials, even though they work when logging into both the Genie App as well as the netgear.com account online.

Many similar reports - well possible this is because of the usage of special characters like '# ? - _ in the Netgear Account Password - clearly a Netgear Nighthawk App limitation.

@hx1977 wrote:

And yes, the Genie App does "force" you to use the Nighthawk app on a mobile device, as it states the device is no longer supported by the Genie App and provides the "upgrade today" option, which opens the Nighthawk app, and then fails to allow me to login.

True - this has changed over the last few days since posting.

@BretD and @Christian_R please assist the user with the product registration mentioned in the initial post. Thank you! 

Message 4 of 5
hx1977
Aspirant

I contacted customer support today and they helped me resolve this issue.  I was correct in the fact that my Nighthawk was not showing as registered to my account, however it showed correctly in the Netgear system.  Had me delete the existing app from my device, and redownload it.  Once done, I was able to log in and access the router via the app.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7