Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware update failure

leeg1953
Follower

Firmware update failure

I HAVE AN R6900P NETGEAR ROUTER WITH FIRMWARE VERSION 1.0.0.46 AND HAVE BEEN USING THE NIGHTHAWK MOBILE APP TO ATTEMPT TO UPGRADE THE ROUTERS FIRMWARE TO THE LATEST VERSION WHICH IS 1.3.1.64. HOWEVER WHENEVER I CLICK ON CHECK FOR UPDATES, APP SAYS THAT THERE ARE NO NEW UPDATES, WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY INCORRECT. HAVE TRIED REPEATEDLY WITH SAME RESULT. UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED THE NIGHHAWK MOBILE APP TO SEE IF THAT HELPED, BUT SAME RESULT. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS!

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3
sarverjoe
Aspirant

Re: Firmware update failure

Email told me to update to0 v1.2.0.62. I did and my router bricked. I reset to no avail. After about 30 minutes it started working with the new firmware.

I have no clue.

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3

Re: Firmware update failure

That's a bit shouty, but I sense that you want to update the firmware on an R6900P. The best way to do this is manually, with a browser and a wired connection to the router.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for your hardware.

There is also a section for firmware. Go to the latest and read the Release Notes.

This could also be useful:

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7